Home

Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

This is a discussion on Anyone having 2nd thoughts? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #17
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

No second thoughts just got my ps3 version. Im a football fan so I needed my fix anyway. This game makes me feel like im on the field better than any game to date. It has its flaws. But so does every other game I play. I would have payed for tackle alley alone.

This game doesnt have to be better than madden or ncaa. Its their first attempt at a football game. And for a first attempt they have done really well. Im just thinking if they have made a game that is this fun and feels this good with the first try. What could they do with 20 years of attempts lol.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

i tried it its a bit different but folks need to find out 4 themselves me i like competition and eA azz needs competition with tha same dam features every year, i wish they would kill that licensing crap and have more companies make games and make ea do wat they use to do bring ing their a game i think bb is gonna b a good game folks are use to the Ea controls and now these r different and folks are panicking i think its gonna turn out great
Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
Rookie

@derekm, man u hit it right on tha button u like to play the games like myself i dont like trying one football game i try them all, i bout tha all pro wen it came out so im tryn this one as well
Old 05-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #20
Rookie

im with you foolish folks need to try other games
Old 05-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #21
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
For all of those who listen to these EA pressured critics. Enjoy Madden 10.5, 10.75, and finally 10.9 in the years to come. I will put my dough forth and make my own opinion. I am a man! This 1st edition game is bound not to be perfect, but if you let EA cut off it's funding then they win and you lose. It seems some of you forgot why you were in this forum in the 1st place. I stab at thee!
LOL, give me a break. Why is that any bad critique of this game is somehow EA's fault? What does Madden have to do with BB? How is EA going to cut off it's funding?

I wasn't aware EA was in control of BB.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #22
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvistatexas
i tried it its a bit different but folks need to find out 4 themselves me i like competition and eA azz needs competition with tha same dam features every year, i wish they would kill that licensing crap and have more companies make games and make ea do wat they use to do bring ing their a game i think bb is gonna b a good game folks are use to the Ea controls and now these r different and folks are panicking i think its gonna turn out great
So the controls are different? Ahh thats why BB is getting bad impressions, the controls.

Funny, I haven't read one impression complaining about controls.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #23
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

For all of Pastapadre's negative feelings towards the game, something can be said for the fact that he is still playing it.

If you look at his twitter feed, he seems to be having fun. That's good news to me, since he was one of the most vocal critics.

Once again, we have to look at this game as something completely different from Madden. It's clear by now that it won't be a hard-core football sim, but if you have fun playing the game...that's all that matters to me. I'm going in to this game knowing that it won't be "Madden with physics," but a completely different type of game.

The truth is, only YOU can decide if it's worth the money or not. You can only allow others to form so much of your opinion, the rest is up to you.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #24
Rookie

gridironjunky's Arena

OVR: 3

Well this just sucks. I didn't expect backbreaker to be absolutely perfect but I also didn't think it would have the glaring issues it has. I love madden but after playing bb it really feels outdated and its own issues are now more glaring then ever before. So now what? Backbreaker has made madden feel old and outdated but couldn't put out a good enough game to hold my attention til madden adapts. I've always played football games year round til the next version comes out. Now I'm just stuck! Thanks backbreaker for ruining football games for me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »