Home

Online Impressions

This is a discussion on Online Impressions within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Online Impressions

I've played one online game so far. Did NOT host it. And it was extremely laggy. A guy would get tackles and his body would just glide 30 yards against the ground, I literally had to guess what cuts I would want to make running the ball because it took about 5 seconds for the player to react to my movement. I ended up winning by like 10, but man, it was rough.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Im glad Im not the only one. I need to get some more games in to verify, but i am almost scared to play a game im not the host of. Ive played 4 games. 3 I hosted and it was perfect. Then I joined another persons game, but did it through quick match so I couldnt check his QOS. The lag was pathetic. I had to just guess what was going to be needed to do because on offense, i would hit x and basically just hold forward on the stick and hope i got yards. The game would lock up upon snapping the ball and then it would pick up after the tackle was already made. I had to watch the replays to even see what happened. On defense, i just played Nose Tackle every down and for the most part could not even get out of my stance before the play was over. Ended up loosing 7-3 on a touchdown he scored with 10 seconds to go. Thought I could pick up the 3-0 win is only reason I kept playing the game.

I think i am going to try connecting to a host with green QOS and see how it is...but the lobbies are bare right now. If this is a widespread issue with non-host, this game will get ruined...if it can be cured, then this game will be an absolute blast online and get played for a long time.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't know how the game could be slow for one side and fast for another, it has to stay in sync. I think some of us need to try it out to see...
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #28
Banned

Also, if any PS3 users want to add me 'fldash'. And if I ever quit mid game with you, it's not because I'm losing (I may leave when I'm winning), I have a wife and a 13mo daughter that are both high maintenance.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #29
Banned

Sigh, played my first game against a manual FG blocker. *******. He beat me fair and square regardless, 12-20, but he called the same defense 90% of the game and I had hell with it...

Do you guys switch players a lot of defense? Maybe I need to practice that cause I rarely do and I get confused, but this guy did and he got 4 INTs off me.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 14

I switch probably 70% of the time and I have pretty good at doing so as well so that I do not get confused. Now I will generally will not switch if I am specifically looking to stop something my opponent is doing.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Just got 2 quitters in a row in the first quarter of the games. I am seeing a lot of guys not comfortable with fielding kickoffs and it is costing them big time.. because I am recovering them all the time.

As in real life you have to pay attention to where the ball being is being kicked .. it is not automatic fielding in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4

My online impression is good. I've only played one game (cuz there's no one in the PS3 lobby)...the quality of game play is good but the number of players is bad....I hope it picks up because this game is more fun against another person.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »