Home

Understanding Football

This is a discussion on Understanding Football within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Understanding Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Dude, just run the ball then. I only pass 1-4 times a game. I know what you mean by overthrowing the WR every time. If the quarterback is kind of bad, there's no point in even using him. My quarterback throws EVERY SINGLE PASS INACCURATELY NO MATTER WHAT DIRECTION OF TOUCH I USE AND EVEN THOUGH I HOLD THE FOCUS BUTTON. Just run the ball every time or get a better quarterback. Simple as that.

I for one find it almost senseless to throw the ball more than running it. Throwing has a greater down side(interceptions, sacks, fumbles, incompletions) while running doesnt(fumbles are so rare its not even a problem, getting tackled for a loss..... that's it). Also, running is much more effective if you know how to do it.

And no, backbreaker is not a madden killer and it was never really intended to be.
Hope I helped
u did, but um not good at running lol
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You don't say good, you use well. Also, flick the stick and then take your finger off of the stick. I've heard it puts a high touch when holding up after the initial flick.

This may be wrong though because I thought you used the left thumbstic to use the maximum passing mechanic.

― Plato
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You don't say good, you use well. Also, flick the stick and then take your finger off of the stick. I've heard it puts a high touch when holding up after the initial flick.

This may be wrong though because I thought you used the left thumbstic to use the maximum passing mechanic.
like i said its internet tlk um not writing an essay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 47

Wait a minute who are saying you need to understand football to play this? Who is saying that, because if they are they are wrong. This is not real football at all. Sure it has it moments, but there is a lot of questioning AI issues with this game. I went out and bought it today, but it is going back. I still hate the camera and some of the things the CPU do and my players do are just off the wall. Glad others are enjoying it though.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wait a minute who are saying you need to understand football to play this? Who is saying that, because if they are they are wrong. This is not real football at all. Sure it has it moments, but there is a lot of questioning AI issues with this game. I went out and bought it today, but it is going back. I still hate the camera and some of the things the CPU do and my players do are just off the wall. Glad others are enjoying it though.
a.k.a Apex a.k.a Apexbronx a.k.a Gideon Prime
This game is far from it, i guess its back to 2k5, thats sad
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
u did, but um not good at running lol
Here's some tips:
Use the goalline formation and wait for the defense to crowd in and then hike it and run the ball to the outside. Don't press the aggressive button until your line has established their blocks. When they create a wall to the outside, Hit the agression and sprint to daylight. If the safety comes up from the side, either juke him or spin around him. (i prefer spinning because it wont get you knocked down by your lineman as much)

If he's coming fast, don't try to stiff arm him because he'll blast you instead, juke to the opposite side of back juke. If he's coming at more of a diagonal angle, stiff arm him down to the turf. If you do the stiff arm motion too early (before the defender is close enough) turn towards him run your arm into the defender on purpose. If the defender is all alone and he is coming at at an angle and you're near the goalline, i wouldn't recommend diving for the endzone. A back juke would be much more effective and would then make the defender look absolutely foolish.

Also, try to minimize doing those super deep cuts to the outside, they rarely work to your advantage. Just some tips.....
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 47

That is your first mistake, maybe someone should do a truth chaser about troof chaser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Here is a couple of tips that I have figured out in my few hours of playing tonight.

1. You do need to understand football. What I mean by that is that if they are overloading one side and blitizing and you don't have the protection you have to throw hot to the correct receiver. That means changing the primary receiver prior to snapping the ball.

2. To avoid sacks, move! Try dropping back, yeah you have to do the three, five, or seven step drop yourself, then if you are not planning to throw quick or your primary receiver is covered, you may need to move in the pocket before throwing. The line actually does block, okay, but not everyone stones their opponent everytime so you may need to move to help escape or give your hb a better angle.

3. When passing two things, one don't continue to hold up on the stick or else you will overthrow the receiver just push up quick and let go. Second, if you are being rushed/hit you will be inaccurate more times than not. Oh, I guess there is a three, use focus

4. When running the ball don't get turbo/aggressive happy. You have to slow down and run to and through the hole. Read your blocks. People complain about OL tackling their running back, no that is you running into and tripping over the OL or FB.

I hope these things help and I hope my grammar was correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »