Home

Understanding Football

This is a discussion on Understanding Football within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Understanding Football

I hear people say "U have to understand football to play this game" Parts of this is true bt i been playing football for 11 years and started every game. I want to understand why the QB overthrow every WR. Dnt tell me i need partice cuz the training camp is too easy, it way different from the game. Dnt tell me to sell cuz i tried and i wud only get $15 back. bt everytime i pass it its overthrow, the WR be wide open nd it leads to a pick. THIS GAME IS NOT THE MADDEN KILLER and I HATE THAT ****ING CHEATING MADDEN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Understanding Football

I think I speak for a majority of us when I say...ummmm, what?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
I hear people say "U have to understand football to play this game" Parts of this is true bt i been playing football for 11 years and started every game. I want to understand why the QB overthrow every WR. Dnt tell me i need partice cuz the training camp is too easy, it way different from the game. Dnt tell me to sell cuz i tried and i wud only get $15 back. bt everytime i pass it its overthrow, the WR be wide open nd it leads to a pick. THIS GAME IS NOT THE MADDEN KILLER and I HATE THAT ****ING CHEATING MADDEN
I have no idea what you are talking bout. Not to mention the internet acronyms reek of laziness. Is wud really that much easier to type than would?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I had the same problem. You need to hold the 'focus' button down before and while you are throwing the ball. If you don't hold down the focus button he will miss the receiver all day.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Dude, just run the ball then. I only pass 1-4 times a game. I know what you mean by overthrowing the WR every time. If the quarterback is kind of bad, there's no point in even using him. My quarterback throws EVERY SINGLE PASS INACCURATELY NO MATTER WHAT DIRECTION OF TOUCH I USE AND EVEN THOUGH I HOLD THE FOCUS BUTTON. Just run the ball every time or get a better quarterback. Simple as that.

I for one find it almost senseless to throw the ball more than running it. Throwing has a greater down side(interceptions, sacks, fumbles, incompletions) while running doesnt(fumbles are so rare its not even a problem, getting tackled for a loss..... that's it). Also, running is much more effective if you know how to do it.

And no, backbreaker is not a madden killer and it was never really intended to be.
Hope I helped
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

Last edited by 43Chargers4Now; 05-31-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Understanding the English language should be priority number one.

Oh and maybe you should practice or sell it?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24

Perhaps you're leaving and holding your finger up on the right stick after every single pass, causing you to put upward after-touch on the throw.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Understanding the English language should be priority number one.

Oh and maybe you should practice or sell it?
um in college i know how to talk and write english good but this is the internet not class. and i wud sell but i will only get $15 back, practice is nothing like the game
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »