Home

Aggressive mode is useless.

This is a discussion on Aggressive mode is useless. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Aggressive mode is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I was running along the sideline and decided to try out focus... as soon as I hit LT I ran straight out of bounds.

Now I only occasionally just use aggressive and ignore focus, unless a play is lost and I can try and maybe get another yard or two by burying my helmet in a safety's chest.
You have to tap LT. I use it in the open field just to see what direction the next defender is coming from. Like in real like you quickly look being or to the left/right. When used like this is helps a ton. Never hold it.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
You have to tap LT. I use it in the open field just to see what direction the next defender is coming from. Like in real like you quickly look being or to the left/right. When used like this is helps a ton. Never hold it.
your players head turn too. the closer the defender it seems the more the runner looks. when nobody's close he doesn't really look at all. I kind of go by that (in the demo at least) ****still doesn't have game****
Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

I only use agressive mode when I am running up the middle or am in the open field. While running up the middle I do a shoulder charge to have a better chance of breaking through a grab tackle from a blocked defender and it also helps with falling forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

I use aggressive mode strictly on breakaways and when running up the middle (and holding down to protect ball). I find you don't trip over your linemen as easy if you are protecting the ball and in aggressive mode.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

I don't find it to be useless at all, if used in the right spots like when your in the open field or trying to hit a hole.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I was running along the sideline and decided to try out focus... as soon as I hit LT I ran straight out of bounds.

Now I only occasionally just use aggressive and ignore focus, unless a play is lost and I can try and maybe get another yard or two by burying my helmet in a safety's chest.
Aww man... I laughed for bout a minute straight cause that same **** happened to me. What I've learned about this game is that the use of focus and Aggressive mode is a very timely and selective thing. I only use offensive focus when running east and west. Get off it quick wen turning north and south. Aggressive mode on offense does have a speed burst, but is best used in the open field 'cause you will be aggressive on your blockers as well. It kind of changes your runners mentality along with the known factors.
On defense, I use focus almost the whole time. It is a must, when changing players, which I am actually getting good at doing. Aggressive mode on D... well, I can't say that I use it much, 'cause I miss a hell of alot of barge tackles.
Well, that's how I do it. Can't wait to get my internet back up so I can ball wit yall!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »