Home

High-pitched noise with 5.1 audio?

This is a discussion on High-pitched noise with 5.1 audio? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
High-pitched noise with 5.1 audio?

As I said on Friday I believe, I was traveling this weekend so I didn't know if I would find time to get or play this game. Well, I did on both accounts. On the 37" LG TV's that they had in the hotel rooms, they obviously didn't have any sort of surround sound set up in there so I just used the normal 2.0 lossy audio. But now on my HT setup at home now that I'm back, I'm experiencing a rather high-pitched noise (I didn't say loud, just high-pitched and noticeable) in my rear speakers. This is when playing the game only, in-game that is.

I have reason to believe that it is tied in with the crowd audio, as during replays you can't really hear it (and you can't hear the crowd either). It doesn't occur when you press pause as well, or when you're in aggressive mode (again, the crowd is inaudible). It didn't take much for me to hear it so it's loud enough, and I suppose if both your lossless receiver as well as your ears can pick up the noise then you'll be able to discern it as well.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's kind of a nuisance.

Oh, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my system, believe me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: High-pitched noise with 5.1 audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
As I said on Friday I believe, I was traveling this weekend so I didn't know if I would find time to get or play this game. Well, I did on both accounts. On the 37" LG TV's that they had in the hotel rooms, they obviously didn't have any sort of surround sound set up in there so I just used the normal 2.0 lossy audio. But now on my HT setup at home now that I'm back, I'm experiencing a rather high-pitched noise (I didn't say loud, just high-pitched and noticeable) in my rear speakers. This is when playing the game only, in-game that is.

I have reason to believe that it is tied in with the crowd audio, as during replays you can't really hear it (and you can't hear the crowd either). It doesn't occur when you press pause as well, or when you're in aggressive mode (again, the crowd is inaudible). It didn't take much for me to hear it so it's loud enough, and I suppose if both your lossless receiver as well as your ears can pick up the noise then you'll be able to discern it as well.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's kind of a nuisance.

Oh, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my system, believe me.
Now this is funny.. because my 16 year old daughter asked me this today.. when I was playing.. do I hear that high pitched sound when I was playing the game.. and I looked at her like what are you talking about.. I don't hear anything high pitched.

She was amazed that I didn't hear anything.. and I just gaffed her off.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNVA
Now this is funny.. because my 16 year old daughter asked me this today.. when I was playing.. do I hear that high pitched sound when I was playing the game.. and I looked at her like what are you talking about.. I don't hear anything high pitched.

She was amazed that I didn't hear anything.. and I just gaffed her off.
Haha okay, at least I know it's there.

Unfortunately, I don't really know if something like this could be fixed in a patch. This is source audio here, and it just has this noise from the original encode I suppose. I guess I'll just have to live with it, see if any of my friends can hear it when they play with me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I hear the same thing, and it drives me crazy! Even through my TV, I can hear that noise when I'm on the field.

My only remedy has been to use my surround sound system, but put it in stereo mode. That seems to do the trick for me.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I hear pretty much everything...and it sucks. I downloaded the demo 2 days ago and I too heard a high pitch sound whenever the yellow and blue position lines scroll across the screen. I figured it was my TV, but now i am glad its not...i just bought the thing!
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I was playing earlier today and noticed a high pitched noise every once and a while, but I didn't think it was the game. But now it had to have been the game. Very weird.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I too heard a high pitch sound whenever the yellow and blue position lines scroll across the screen.
That is actually an intentional SFX associated with the animating yellow/blue lines, and is probably different to what the others are experiencing with 5.1 surround...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »