Home

Questions, Tips, Hints, Advice

This is a discussion on Questions, Tips, Hints, Advice within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Questions, Tips, Hints, Advice

I am really beginning to get hooked on this game. The game requires a bit of a learning curve and lots of thought pre and post snap. I posted these tips elsewhere but it got caught up in a war of words between other posters so I thought I would start a new thread just for tips and questions.

Here is a couple of tips that I have figured out in my few hours of playing tonight.

1. You do need to understand football. What I mean by that is that if they are overloading one side and blitizing and you don't have the protection you have to throw hot to the correct receiver. That means changing the primary receiver prior to snapping the ball.

2. To avoid sacks, move! Try dropping back, yeah you have to do the three, five, or seven step drop yourself, then if you are not planning to throw quick or your primary receiver is covered, you may need to move in the pocket before throwing. The line actually does block, okay, but not everyone stones their opponent everytime so you may need to move to help escape or give your hb a better angle.

3. When passing two things, one don't continue to hold up on the stick or else you will overthrow the receiver just push up quick and let go. Second, if you are being rushed/hit you will be inaccurate more times than not. Oh, I guess there is a three, use focus

4. When running the ball don't get turbo/aggressive happy. You have to slow down and run to and through the hole. Read your blocks. People complain about OL tackling their running back, no that is you running into and tripping over the OL or FB.

5. I thought of another. Since there are no route or protection adjustments, if your play is doomed, meaning there are no viable hot route options, then you must utilize your audibles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Banned

CharlestonTiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Questions, Tips, Hints, Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
I am really beginning to get hooked on this game. The game requires a bit of a learning curve and lots of thought pre and post snap. I posted these tips elsewhere but it got caught up in a war of words between other posters so I thought I would start a new thread just for tips and questions.

Here is a couple of tips that I have figured out in my few hours of playing tonight.

1. You do need to understand football. What I mean by that is that if they are overloading one side and blitizing and you don't have the protection you have to throw hot to the correct receiver. That means changing the primary receiver prior to snapping the ball.

2. To avoid sacks, move! Try dropping back, yeah you have to do the three, five, or seven step drop yourself, then if you are not planning to throw quick or your primary receiver is covered, you may need to move in the pocket before throwing. The line actually does block, okay, but not everyone stones their opponent everytime so you may need to move to help escape or give your hb a better angle.

3. When passing two things, one don't continue to hold up on the stick or else you will overthrow the receiver just push up quick and let go. Second, if you are being rushed/hit you will be inaccurate more times than not. Oh, I guess there is a three, use focus

4. When running the ball don't get turbo/aggressive happy. You have to slow down and run to and through the hole. Read your blocks. People complain about OL tackling their running back, no that is you running into and tripping over the OL or FB.

5. I thought of another. Since there are no route or protection adjustments, if your play is doomed, meaning there are no viable hot route options, then you must utilize your audibles.

Thanks for #3
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Questions, Tips, Hints, Advice

Solid tips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »