Home

Two Bills Agree

This is a discussion on Two Bills Agree within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Two Bills Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I never heard of them but the dubious review was a good review.
BK will back it up.

Flash, for any other reviewers, IGN, GI, Gametrailers, Katoko, whatever, I would agree with you, but just not these two.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
These two reviewers are considered one of the best reviewers for sports games.
who said that you or the general public?

if i recall bill harris is no different from the next guy on the message boards just giving his opinion of the game.

i don't have the game myself and i'm not defending it but i would definetly rent it before letting a regular gamer like myself decide if it's good or bad

I'm skeptical because of all the negative feedback i've read but eventually i'll rent it and make my own decision

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

if i recall bill harris is no different from the next guy on the message boards just giving his opinion of the game.

i don't have the game myself and i'm not defending it but i would definetly rent it before letting a regular gamer like myself decide if it's good or bad

I'm skeptical because of all the negative feedback i've read but eventually i'll rent it and make my own decision
The second review was awesome. It was like a combination of all the good perspectives you find on this site, minus the gratuitous negativity. His review makes me still want to play the game, even as he's describing how bad parts of it are!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Whoa, PM, not just me, other long standing posters on this site. I've long known Bill Harris reviews since the old High Heat days.

I'm waiting to rent the game as well.

I wouldn't have said anything of that nature if it was just me, but I don't expect you to know that. Now you do.

Last edited by roadman; 06-01-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Bill Harris and Bill Abner are pretty much the gold standard when it comes to reviewing sports games. They live, eat and breathe sports games. A review is what it is, one man's opinion, but these guys review sports games and football games in particular with more depth, time and effort than any out there. They are the only 2 reviewers not on this site, who get what people who frequent a board like this are looking for. They've long been known as amongst the best in the biz, if not the best in the biz, for people like us.

This isn't a secret or something new, these guys have been around for a long, long time.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Bill Harris and Bill Abner are pretty much the gold standard when it comes to reviewing sports games. They live, eat and breathe sports games. A review is what it is, one man's opinion, but these guys review sports games and football games in particular with more depth, time and effort than any out there. They are the only 2 reviewers not on this site, who get what people who frequent a board like this are looking for. They've long been known as amongst the best in the biz, if not the best in the biz, for people like us.

This isn't a secret or something new, these guys have been around for a long, long time.
Thanks, BK. Others seemed to doubt what I said earlier.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I think Abner and Harris both do a fantastic job covering sports games. They have both been doing this long enough to understand where the genre started, and how far its come. But more importantly they both do a great job of drilling down to what makes sports games tick, and whether a new title addresses that.

I don't always agree with them, but their reviews and impressions are well though out enough that I can gather what i need to know even if I disagree with certain things they prioritize.

With Bill Harris, you could not have had anyone more excited about playing BB. And he spent plenty of time going over what is so great about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
no, in all honesty I never heard of them before this review but I will check themout in the future. I use to depend on digitalsports review back in the PS1 days.
I understand, but I wasn't referring to you, either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »