Home

Ball Carriers should FIGHT a little harder for yardage...

This is a discussion on Ball Carriers should FIGHT a little harder for yardage... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Ball Carriers should FIGHT a little harder for yardage...

This game is a real roller coaster ride of mixed emotions for me everytime I play it. Much of the already discussed negatives about the poor offensive line blocking, uncompetitive AI, and stick um hands on defensive backs can almost be offset by the amazing physics that just keep me smiling everytime I see something new

.....However, something that I have been noticing that I would like to discuss with you guys is the feeling that ball carriers seem to go to the turf a little too easily when contact is made....Almost as if they immediately start to go down once the engine senses contact. Now Im not talking about how well you can juke and evade tackles in the game, Im just talking about how the physics engine seems to lack a little more 'struggle' or fight to stay up and push forward when contact is made. This can be very evident when you collide with one of your own players when simply trying to get 'skinny' thru the holes.

How do you feel about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Ball Carriers should FIGHT a little harder for yardage...

I've noticed when running into a team mate you do go down pretty easily. But against the other team I think the do a fine job. Of course everytime contact is made I am in agressive mode and it seems to me in agressive mode the ball carriers always fight while in agile mode they go down without a fight.

― Plato
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
This game is a real roller coaster ride of mixed emotions for me everytime I play it. Much of the already discussed negatives about the poor offensive line blocking, uncompetitive AI, and stick um hands on defensive backs can almost be offset by the amazing physics that just keep me smiling everytime I see something new

.....However, something that I have been noticing that I would like to discuss with you guys is the feeling that ball carriers seem to go to the turf a little too easily when contact is made....Almost as if they immediately start to go down once the engine senses contact. Now Im not talking about how well you can juke and evade tackles in the game, Im just talking about how the physics engine seems to lack a little more 'struggle' or fight to stay up and push forward when contact is made. This can be very evident when you collide with one of your own players when simply trying to get 'skinny' thru the holes.

How do you feel about this?
We're discussing this in the "impressions thread" right now. It definitely feels like the difference between watching a welterweight boxing match, compared to seeing two heavyweights. The collisions that take place are physically realistic, but not appropriate for the size of the players involved.

This is particularly noticeable when you're in aggressive mode and feel like you have some real momentum behind you, only to get barely clipped and send flying as if you were suspended in mid-air when the impact happened. Fortunately, you can fight off tackles using stiff arm or spin, but it's something they should tweak in the future.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Aggressive mode will make your guy fight for more yardage

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »