Home

RTBB Free Agent Priorities.

This is a discussion on RTBB Free Agent Priorities. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
RTBB Free Agent Priorities.

So I'm nearing the end of my first season in RTBB (just finished game 6 of 7) and I've built up a good deal of credits (12,300), now I'm wondering where I should get my first Gold FA when I get enough credits to buy one (probably after the 7th game). I'm definitely going to pick an offensive player, but I'm torn between QB and HB.

The QB I'm eyeing is pretty good (96 Focus, 86 Strength, mid-70's Speed and Agility), and my current QB is terrible (15% completion rate, 10 TDs, 30 INTs), but has been getting better as the season goes along. He still misses wide open recievers by 10 yards, but it's happening less often, fewer of them are resulting in INTs, and he's made some clutch throws in traffic.

I'm also looking at a HB (94 Focus, 95 Agility, 94 Speed, 73 Strength) who is a large improvement over my current HB, who has been struggling recently. However, I think that my HB's sruggles are more due to bad blocking (my guys can't lock the DEs on outside runs and push him into the HB, they also pull and just stand in the hole, knocking me over), but if my HB gets into the open field, he's lethal. I really like the FA HB's stats, but I don't think he'll fare much better than my current HB until I shore up my OL.

Alternately, I could buy a Gold OL right now. There are some pretty good ones (each position has a guy with 95+ in both Focus and Strength), but I wouldn't be sure where to go first. Probably LT to both help open up holes over there and get better pass protection.

What position should I go for with my first FA pick? What about my second one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: RTBB Free Agent Priorities.

I'd be afraid of AI problems and the weak rest of your line nullifying your OL pickup. I'd probably go QB, that's what I plan to do after my next (7th) game.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

You can't go wrong with the QB, it's amazing how much of a difference having a QB with 90+ focus makes.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

My first FA was a QB with 100 focus. I went from only passing on 3rd and long to being a pass-first team. Trust me, get a QB. I got mine at the beginning of the second season in RtBB and I have about 85% completion rating and only 5 interceptions in 3 games.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dang I went and bought a left takle. so far its working out. getting more yards on the ground and my blind side is protected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Personally I already had a beast RB so i went QB (passing game slightly improved) then when 100 speed 90+ everything else (and passing TDs went from 1 a game to 5)
Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Since I am still making rookie mistakes at QB. Not reasong my progressions, rushing throws, throwing off my back foot, locking on to one receiver etc

I decided to go with an offensive lineman. Signed RT Talon Lara. He has 100 strength and he has made a big difference in my run game.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

It's good to see that gold OL actually improve things. I was hesitant because I didn't think I'd notice the difference.

In FA I have gotten a QB, RB, WR and MLB. I just started the BBFL after going undefeated in the first two leagues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »