Home

***Backbreaker 2 Wishlist

This is a discussion on ***Backbreaker 2 Wishlist within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
***Backbreaker 2 Wishlist

I don't know if it's too early to start one yet, but wouldn't be a bad idea. I would love for their developers to come to OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ***Backbreaker 2 Wishlist

1) A.I. that's a little smarter

2) More incompletions, less interceptions.

3) In real football, punt blocks are rare, they should be here, too.

4) Holding, false start, illegal motion, etc.. penalties, and pass interference calls that are made correctly.

5) The option to use the "coach view" camera angle all the time. I personally like the BB camera angle, but it seems to be a dealbreaker with a lot of people. Game would sell better if players were given a choice.

6) Injuries and fatigue

7) A better franchise mode

8) The ability to share Create-A-Team data.

That's just for starters. But I do like the game, don't get me wrong. I just think the items above would make it a lot better.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I am praying they give us the ability to keep our custom created logos.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

While the franchise stuff could surely be developed and that is important to me, nothing should take precedence over improving the A.I. an on-the-field gameplay because without that, nothing else matters.

Gameplay - The controls are probably the strongest part of BB, but the A.I. is horrendous. Also, the passing system really needs to be reconsidered. It's challenging in "Capcom" sort of way where simple tasks such as looking at a different receiver are made excessively difficult for dramatic effect. For as fun as the running game is in this game (much like I felt about 2k5 when that came out), passing can be so painful I wish I were playing Madden, which is too bad.

Physics - It's been said that young athletes should be encouraged to work on their strengths because it's those abilities that will distinguish them from everybody else. Yes, Euphoria is impressive, but there's a lot that could make it better. The most hurtful criticism against this game has to be the comparison to NFL Blitz...when the entire point of making this game was to have the physics be as realistic as possible. The collisions in BB are organic and mostly seem accurate to real life. However, the players need more of a sense of weight to them, and that means we should see differences between big players and small players. There's also a problem where it isn't really clear if Aggressive Mode makes you harder or easier to tackle.

Rosters - I'm okay with there not being 20 different rating categories like Madden has, but we need more information on the skills and attributes of the players in this game. Do height and weight matter? Where do I even find information about special skills beyond the 4 core stats? There really isn't any purpose to roster management in this game if there aren't going to be injuries or fatigue.

Franchise I love the customization and I think Road to Backbreaker is a great, unique idea for a franchise mode. But American football fans are use to being armchair coaches and GM's, and Backbreaker doesn't give you much to do other than play the games. How can I make my team better without a real free agent market or even trades!? It's nice that there's a draft, but again, if there's no real risk of losing players you already have, I can't see wanting to play with the same squad year after year, with only a few drafted players mixed in. This really is similar to the problems that 2k8 had...a lot of people felt that if they had just included a basic rating system, generic players, and barebones franchise mode that included free agency and trading, people would still be playing that game.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Offense

-Keep current camera view but allow more peripheral vision.
-Allow a neutral view for the Qb while dropping back instead of focusing on a primary receiver.
-Improve screens and vision
-Improve and add more running animations and moves
-Improve playbook. Add team specific playbooks or allow multiple style generic playbooks. i.e Run Heavy, Run-N-Shoot. If so have plays only specific to those playbooks.
-HOT ROUTES
-Allow motion. Allow Max Protection.
-Formation specific audibles.

Defense

-Add strafe move
-Add "turn and run" animation
-Bigger hits
-Player Lock-on. Meaning give me the option to have the camera follow a specific player. So if I am a LB and know a receiver will be coming on a slant, let me follow the WR and lay a huge hit on him because I knew the player was coming.
-Double teams
-More pre-snap options
-Catch/Swat Button
-Low/High tackles
-Bump and Run
-Defensive hot routes
-Bigger and team specific playbooks.

Overall

-Expand and elaborate the GSB system
-Adding abilities would be nice
-Commentary..Hire 2k5 guys
-CROWD. CROWD. CROWD
-More weather options
-Expand online exhibition

I would have a perfect football game if this happened.

Last edited by alliance4g63; 06-02-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Injuries, progression (stat based, multiple points per season, coach influenced), salaries, contracts (even if its done like the European soccer style, that is cool), coaching carousel, newspaper.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Overall:
Custom Controls (IE: If we could customize to madden controls)

Offense:
A little bigger overall playbook (formation wise)
PLEASE re-do the passing system. Its sorry...sorry guys
Please remap the WR to the buttons on the controller.
Smart line play running and pass blocking.
Custom playbooks for each them (run balance, pass balance, run n gun for example)
Put players in motion

Defense:
46! 46! 46! Defense!!!!
be able to shift your LB's and DL and shift your coverage
Bigger hits or add a hit stick for it.
Add strafe move
Add "turn and run" animation
Player Lock-on. Meaning give me the option to have the camera follow a specific player. So if I am a LB and know a receiver will be coming on a slant, let me follow the WR and lay a huge hit on him because I knew the player was coming.
Double teams
More pre-snap options
Catch/Swat Button
Low/High tackles
Bump and Run
Defensive hot routes
Bigger and team specific playbooks.

(yes I did copy some of your idea's because They was already tooken lol)

that all I have off the top of my head. I love the game so far!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by droog813
1) A.I. that's a little smarter

2) More incompletions, less interceptions.

3) In real football, punt blocks are rare, they should be here, too.

4) Holding, false start, illegal motion, etc.. penalties, and pass interference calls that are made correctly.

5) The option to use the "coach view" camera angle all the time. I personally like the BB camera angle, but it seems to be a dealbreaker with a lot of people. Game would sell better if players were given a choice.

6) Injuries and fatigue

7) A better franchise mode

8) The ability to share Create-A-Team data.

That's just for starters. But I do like the game, don't get me wrong. I just think the items above would make it a lot better.
All of this plus an online logo uploader... That doesn't require a gold xbox live membership. For those who can't afford it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »