Home

If you're having rouble passing switch to the buttons layout.

This is a discussion on If you're having rouble passing switch to the buttons layout. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #9
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If you're having rouble passing switch to the buttons layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
I'm pretty good with passing, but atrocious with running. It seems like the defense gets to my running back before he even gets the ball (this has actually happened numerous times). This has basically forced me to pass on about 75% of the plays. If only the running game was improved, I would be in videogame football heaven. I absolutely love this game, even with its flaws.
This. I am only able to run with my fb since the d usually doesn't expect him t get the rock. I'm beggin' you guys that are good running the ball to share your tips. If NM would improve the o line just a bit, then you could make cuts before getting wiped out behind the LOS. I am not able to run anything to the edge and its a bit frustrating. I still love the game except for well documented warts.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

I really have no problem running the ball most games. Actually, just had a game online where my RB had 150 yards on 20 carries against a guy's defense who was rated better than my offense.

As far as tips, I honestly have no idea what to tell you guys. On most plays I just follow where the play is meant to go, use jukes and spins to get by free defenders if there are any and then use aggressive mode when I see a hole open up to hit it hard.

I have had success with basically any kind of runs except for draws which I tend to avoid.

Outside runs can be effective and are not impossible. Some get blown up, but you can also get big yards with them too. Normally what I do on outside runs is first I see if it looks like I can get to the edge, if I can I use aggressive mode immediately to get the edge. If I see a defender I then switch to agile mode to make somebody miss. If the edge looks like it has been taken away on my initial view, I will immediately make some kind of move to try and cut it inside.

Like I said though outside runs are a very risk and reward kind of thing. Typically the ones that don't work are blown up for 4 or 5 yard losses, but I have also had a handful of long td runs on them.

Oh and don't forgot to flip run plays as well, if the defense is stacked to the side the original run was meant to go.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-03-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
Rookie

jojo9463's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
I just went 24/29 for 340 yards 3 tds and 1 int. The buttons do two major things for me. It makes throwing lobs way way easier, and to i t always me to scan the entire field in less than a second.

Running with the buttons take some getting use to, but without a doubt my passing game has improve 100%.

I'm going to go and play a game with a low focus QB and see how I do.

Raiders,

Thanks for the info, one question, how do you switch receivers using
the buttons? its supposed to be the square or round button but my
primary receiver stays lit. Can you switch receivers pre-snap or after
snap only or what?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #12
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I can run for a 100 against the Pro Hard CPU about every game. Just do a lot of inside runs and know when to juke. The left stick plus some basic jukes is all you need to start with. Then know that RT is good to hit if you want to battle for a few extra yards on contact.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

On the PS3 you can choose an alternate configuration on the controls for each position - so I use the buttons for the QB but leave the rest on the default stick configuration allowing me to run with the stick. The only thing that changes universally is the action button which is switched from X to the triangle.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

I think if you have a good qb it really isn't that hard at all to pass in this game. My team has a pretty good qb and in the 1st half I went 10/14 for 186 yards, 1 TD and 1 int. The int was a last second attempt at a TD where I was under pressure and just wanted to put something up and I also ran for a TD on a drive where my passing game got me to the 1 yard line. My only real gripe is the CPU has no offense but I am playing against a pretty low rated team so hopefully that will change.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo9463
Raiders,

Thanks for the info, one question, how do you switch receivers using
the buttons? its supposed to be the square or round button but my
primary receiver stays lit. Can you switch receivers pre-snap or after
snap only or what?

thanks
Square to look left circle to look right. Now that im use to the buttons im having 400 yard passing games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »