Home

Starting up an online league

This is a discussion on Starting up an online league within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Starting up an online league

I've been really enjoying this game online so far and would love to get a persistent league going. Here are a couple things I'd like implemented:

1. We would use a proboard site to communicate/schedule

2. Depending on how many people are interested we could run on a divisional system with each division playing between themselves more than once a season

3. Teams would be capped at a certain number of stars, I was thinking something like 10-12 total with 7/8/9 max on either side of the ball. Maybe a cap on the Overall rating would work better, idk yet.

4. A "sim" play style would be required. Now this is alot different from a game like Madden thanks to the insane Int/Sack numbers that show up on a regular basis. Basically it would be required that you mix up your playcalling (that doesn't mean no pass heavy offenses or anything like that, but no 50 pass attempts to 5 rush attempts type playstyles). Also punting and field goals on 4th would be mandatory as long as the game is not on the line

5. We would develop a schedule on the proboard site and play a game every 2-3 days probably

6. If and when we determine a season champion we could maybe all add a star to our teams if that's possible without changing every player rating. I haven't played season mode yet but I've seen an "Import" option when choosing teams so maybe it's possible to start a season mode, sign a free agent (rookie), then export the team for use online?

7. If we got into it enough we could even record stats/records/awards on the site

If you're interested in something like this post a reply and add suggestions if you have any.

backbreaker.proboards.com

Sign up and post your GT on that site if you have any interest in this type of thing

Last edited by Pass_The_Cows; 06-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Starting up an online league

Bump

I can't believe not a single other person out there is interested in something like this...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Come join
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ted-teams.html
Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
CQI
Rookie

OVR: 3

For league schedules, you can look into this:

http://schedules.footballguys.com/
Old 06-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

It sounds interesting but maybe others are like me and are still trying to figure out the game, polish our stick skills, and settle on a custom team before attempting so "long term". I like the idea though and maybe would want to join in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQI
For league schedules, you can look into this:

http://schedules.footballguys.com/
This is great, thank you very much
Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
It sounds interesting but maybe others are like me and are still trying to figure out the game, polish our stick skills, and settle on a custom team before attempting so "long term". I like the idea though and maybe would want to join in the future.
Yeah that's understandable. I don't know if you've tried online yet but I went in after 5-10 offline games and have been playing very competitive games even against some of the guys in the top 20 on the leaderboards. You should give it a go if you haven't already, I think you'd be surprised how even the best players aren't much better than the average joe.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

im intrested!

Last edited by killer miller31; 06-04-2010 at 11:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »