Home

Is progression order the problem?

This is a discussion on Is progression order the problem? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is progression order the problem?

I honestly believe that the CPU QB is programmed to read progressions left to right. I guarantee that 80% of the CPU's throws are to the left side of the field (at least in my experience).
Old 06-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
All I do is move the stick in the direction of the WR I want. I plan in advance where my hot read is and know before the snap which way and how many times I need to flick the R stick left or right. Its not hard. Coulbe be better, but not hard once you practice it.
Is that realistic? Is a QB's #2 read on the other side of the field?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Is that realistic? Is a QB's #2 read on the other side of the field?
It might be. Itīs depending on the offensive system and the play. Sometimes itīs about reading safetys all the way and then going straight to the WR who is going to be open.
This is how I have been playin QB for several years and different systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

If you really get down to it and think about it, this really is a vision cone. The only difference is there is no visual cone on the field but you are still moving left and right focusing on a receiver before you throw to him.

In my opinion though they should go to how madden did on this one. Just have a button assigned to each receiver. If you press that button without holding the focus button then you throw to that receiver even if they aren't in your field of vision, But press focus and hit that button and you will look at that receiver, double tap and you will quick pass over to them.

This would give you more ability to look off defenders strategically and increase the speed at which you could pass. I don't want to be pole jockin madden on this one, but they actually did it right.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_6492
If you really get down to it and think about it, this really is a vision cone. The only difference is there is no visual cone on the field but you are still moving left and right focusing on a receiver before you throw to him.

In my opinion though they should go to how madden did on this one. Just have a button assigned to each receiver. If you press that button without holding the focus button then you throw to that receiver even if they aren't in your field of vision, But press focus and hit that button and you will look at that receiver, double tap and you will quick pass over to them.

This would give you more ability to look off defenders strategically and increase the speed at which you could pass. I don't want to be pole jockin madden on this one, but they actually did it right.
Not quite vision cone. You could still see the whole field in madden so vision cone was nothing but a double tap chore to pass to a WR. In BB you dont see the whole field. Thats whats creating all the drama. Not seeing your blindside is scary. Having to read the pass rush and the coverage is a challenge you did not have to deal with using vision cone. You just played like you always played madden and made a extra button press when making your pass.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

there would be no reason for a vision cone if you had buttons for every receiver
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Not quite vision cone. You could still see the whole field in madden so vision cone was nothing but a double tap chore to pass to a WR. In BB you dont see the whole field. Thats whats creating all the drama. Not seeing your blindside is scary. Having to read the pass rush and the coverage is a challenge you did not have to deal with using vision cone. You just played like you always played madden and made a extra button press when making your pass.

I get what your saying but I am not saying to get a higher camera view, leave it as is. All I am saying is to get the button layout for receivers. Don't put in a little cone like madden had, just put the button configuration that madden had, that way your vision is still third person and (to bash at madden) in the game, but you still have the ability to make quick decisions in passing instead of having to scroll over 4 receivers to get to your HB swinging out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan17
I honestly believe that the CPU QB is programmed to read progressions left to right. I guarantee that 80% of the CPU's throws are to the left side of the field (at least in my experience).
This is very true. Its irritating, lol. I see maybe 3 passes to (my left, cpus right). They throw to the same receiver all game with the occasional other side of the field or flats passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »