Home

Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance.

This is a discussion on Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance.

If you wanna play real football pick this up asap....if you wanna stay in the comfort zone of madden pass it by...but if you want a game with a real learning curve pick this up...if you wanna be held back by scripted plays and animations pass it by...if your a real football fan you'll do yourself and this community a favor by picking this up
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

I would rent it. Give it a solid 7 days worth of play time, the learning curve demands it. If after that time you find yourself still wanting to play it, buy it.

Personally I don't find it worth it right now, if they can fix the AI it would be great, but offline games aren't worth playing right now. As I can beat the CPU on hard 50+ to 0 every time.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I definitely don't want to stay in any comfort zone with Madden, I only play that stupid game because that's the only game, scratch that, WAS the only game available. I just got into super street fighter IV and to me, that's the most difficult game I've ever played in terms of learning everything, strategy, and depth. Any game that takes 2 solid weeks of playing and needing to purchase an arcade stick to do the most advanced moves is pretty deep. Based on that I'm sure you see, I love a challenge. For me, the deeper and more complex the game, the more fun and more rewarding it is for me.

Ultimately the one thing holding me back is that at the moment there's no used copies available from the local gamestop and I don't want to get stuck holding onto a new copy if the offline play is that horrid. Again, I'm primarily an offline player and if the AI is just as bad and easy to beat as Maddens, then it's not going to be a great time for me.

As far as everyone else goes that's loving this game and one guy said it's his game of the year. Are you guys speaking of this love for the game on an offline or online basis? Or both? Do you guys expect there to be a patch or something to address the horrid CPU AI? If you guys do play online and love it, how is playing other people? Do you find a lot of simulation type players out there? It seems as though the children that play and excel at madden would be pushed away from this game because of it's complexity and from what I've read a lack of exploits due to it's incredible realism. If I could play people like you guys all the time I'd love to do that. I mean every now and then I'm sure I'd play some moron that just tried to throw the ball 90 yards every time he was on offense, but hopefully the game and it's realism punish people that do that. So do you guys get a minority of sim style/real football type players, or a bunch of madden pass happy exploit children?

If I do pick this up, which I think I'm going to today or tomorrow, you guys on ps3 will have to give me your psn id so I can play some of you guys.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

There is an impressons thread that is 57 pages long you could of gotten answers from. This thread was made with a slant so you could start comparing and complaining about another game.

This is why it was closed. I'll say this one more time, you want to compare games use the other football forum. You want to complain or praise another game use that games forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »