Home

Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance.

This is a discussion on Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance.

I play madden because that's what's out there, like many of you, I miss 2k's incarnation of good football and every year I'm hopeful Madden will stop sucking, 10 was a decent step, but it's got a ways to go.

I was looking forward to this game, and as someone who bought UFC 2010 recently, and watched it get 100s, 10s, 9.5s, etc. And in reality the game has everyone in an uproar waiting for a patch to fix everything. Backbreaker got 5/10s, 50s, D-, etc etc. And the game could be golden for all I know.

My biggest thing, as is the case with many of you, is putting in real teams, there are so many creative people out there I'm sure soon there will be a file we can download and put onto a flashdrive to import the real teams, if there isn't already.

All that being said, simple question. In your experience, because I trust the fans on here more than paid review sites. I trust real football fans who have also expressed their disgust with Madden more than I trust the media. Is it worth it? Is it a rent, or a buy? Is the demo out for ps3 yet? Still haven't seen it. I would love for this game to be great and succeed, and was planning on buying this first day out but the reviews slowed me a bit.

Hypothetically, once we can put the NFL teams into backbreaker, is this game going to be great? Better than Madden? Or is it as awful as all the reviews say it is?

Thanks for the help guys. If I should garner favorable responses from the passionate fans here, then you have a new member in the Backbreaker community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Question for the BB board, Thank you in advance.

In my opinion, this game is definitely worth a purchase. If you are on the fence, hold out for the PS3 demo which should be releasing either this week or next. The mechanics of the game are fabulous but be warned, there is a learning curve - but making big plays in this game on either side of the ball is so rewarding and gives a sincere feeling of accomplishment like no other sports game I've played.

There are issues, however. The replay system is terrible and the CPU AI is not up to standard at this point. Also, the camera angle has deterred many people (I personally love it). So those are just some things to keep in mind.

I wouldn't say the game is "better" than Madden or any other sports game, for that matter as that is extremely opinionated and depends on what you are looking for out of a game.

Again, like I said, I find this game fantastic and have a genuine fun time playing the game and after all - that's the point of video games, right?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

To me, it's worth it in the long run. If this game takes off, Madden will have to get better. That is good for gamers when companies compete to make the best product. I would have gladly paid $60 for this game.

As far as the short term, it's a fun game but it lacks some critical features. It really depends on what you are looking for. I'm a offline franchise guy and I am very intrigued by the promotion/relegation system in Road To Backbreaker. The only thing that kind of kills me is that you cant use your earning to upgrade your players, you can only replace them with new, computer generated players.

However, since you can get it at QVC for $30 bucks so that is a really fair price for the game.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
CQI
Rookie

OVR: 3

sois, the way I like to look at it is that these players we have now have plateaued, so they won't be improving anymore. I think however if you replace another part they may perform better (but their ratings will remain the same).

i.e. (haven't tried this, but...) if you get a premiere QB, your crappy WRs will seem less crappy. Also, wouldn't a better o-line also improve the way a QB or RB plays?

EDIT:

Demo should be out June 8th. I remember reading somewhere that it would be on PS3 then.

Also, how many teams can you replace in RtBB? If I have 32 created teams, can I sprinkle them throughout? Or will I only be able to replace the 1 team I'm using?

Last edited by CQI; 06-04-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: answering original post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQI
sois, the way I like to look at it is that these players we have now have plateaued, so they won't be improving anymore. I think however if you replace another part they may perform better (but their ratings will remain the same).

i.e. (haven't tried this, but...) if you get a premiere QB, your crappy WRs will seem less crappy. Also, wouldn't a better o-line also improve the way a QB or RB plays?

Also, how many teams can you replace in RtBB? If I have 32 created teams, can I sprinkle them throughout? Or will I only be able to replace the 1 team I'm using?
I think you only use one created team for this mode. I like it though. I have a barebones 2 gold star team. It's going to be tough (using all Ask Coach) to win at first
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
CQI
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's perfectly fine. I will wait until I have my 32 teams created, and customized so I can have a good choice.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

It's been worth every penny. It's far from being a polished but it's the most fun I had in a next gen football game.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think its worth a rent but do not buy without trying it first. Its a fun game, but it's flaws are numerous. It's camera is one that you will either love or hate. There are too many roughing the kicker calls. There are occasional glitches where the game gives safeties when you catch a ball in your own end zone but with one foot out of bounds. And the computer cannot provide any real challenge. Having said that, I put about 5 hours into the demo, and have played the game A LOT since I got it. I like it, it's fun for me, but it's not for everyone. It is not as polished as Madden, its not as feature rich as Madden, and it's not really that challenging. But it's fun.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »