Home

A game for the patient

This is a discussion on A game for the patient within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A game for the patient

I don't know about anyone else who is actually enjoying the game. But for myself i didn't play the demo, this game just takes time. I jumped in the fire playing on the hardest difficulty with a crap team, but i'm telling ten games in and it starting to work. passing and running take time, THIS IS NOT MADDEN, which means we have to break some built in habits. This game satisfies every fantasy league i could ever imagine. Somehting i don't think madden will touch for some time. each game has it's place. Madden when i play with some real people and teams, ncaa when recruiting sounds good, and backbreaker, every fantasy league can now be real/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: A game for the patient

I am enjoying it quite a bit. I too jumped right into the game and am playing with only 1 gold offensive player (a qb to build around) and a few defensive golds and my last game while I threw 2 picks and at times struggled with the pass and often couldn't run at all my offense put together some good drives as well. What do you really expect with such a weak offense but it was enough to win the game. I completed 14/20 passes for just over 200 yards and 2 TDs although my running stats were terrible with a weak back and no line. Ratings really matter. All in all you really have to know what your team can do and stick too it. Patience and caution are very important on offense unless you have a way better team but that really should often be the case.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Yea. I bought it the day it came out (29th) and had it sold on Ebay by the 1st. I just got way too frustrated with the game. Now, looking back, I think if I had played it for about a week, I could've made it work in my favor. I did the same thing though. I played with a crappy team on a high difficulty, and I just couldn't complete a pass to save my life in the first half (unless you count interceptions as completions).

I'm currently looking on Ebay to see if I can find a copy on the cheap. Or I'll just wait until a used copy gets to a Gamestop in my area (which I do see happening because a lot of people, like me, have already sold their copies due to pure frustration.)
Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Im playing the heck out of this game and I will have my full NFL league ready soon. Plus when the patch comes out it will make the game better.

Those that are patient will enjoy it. Many people could not compete a pass but stuck with the game and now can pass pretty good.

You really have to respect the wind in the game and your players ratings. A sucky QB will be that Sucky, so pay attention to your pliers ratings.

This game is tons of fun for me. I'm glad I took my time.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Very much a game for those who are patient, it is an adjustment.. I remember things seeming like it was going on way to fast.. I remember being like WTF? I have no time to pass and I can not run for crap. But just keeping at it.. the game has slowed down. I see holes when I run in between the tackles and outside of them... better and passing seems normal as doing anything else in the game.

It just takes time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

I think this game is misunderstood by so many of today's gamers but those that have stuck with it (or even liked it from the start because of some sort of personal taste issue), I think are handsomely rewarded...
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I couldn't pass to save my life the first 10 or so games. I finally started to get the swing of it, and now, with a good QB, I'm pretty consistent. Teams with playmaking corners still give me fits though, lol.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

heh, i'm patiently waiting for my ps3 demo. it seems like there is a learning curve for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »