Home

Backbreaker sales

This is a discussion on Backbreaker sales within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #33
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Backbreaker sales

i have 1 also
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 AM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Oof.

Did not make the Xbox Live top 20 games played, and the demo fell out of the top 20 too (showed up last week at 15)

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Modern Warfare 2
2 Red Dead Redemption
3 Halo 3
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 Call of Duty 4 (Purchase the full game for direct download)
6 FIFA 10
7 GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download)
8 Battlefield Bad Co. 2
9 Gears of War 2
10 Left 4 Dead 2
11 Forza Motorsport 3 (Download the demo)
12 Halo 3: ODST
13 NBA 2K10
14 UFC Undisputed 2010 Demo (Order the game)
15 UFC Undisputed 2010
16 Splinter Cell Conviction
17 Borderlands
18 NHL 10
19 Madden NFL 10 (Download the demo)
20 Snoopy Flying Ace

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/...-may-31st.aspx

We may never know how it sold, if it didn't appear here it's not going to appear in NPD's released figures unless 505 or NM tells us how much otherwise all we'll have is vgchartz estimates.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

I went into my local gamestop last night and spoke with the rep. I asked how the sales of the game have been. He told me they sold a few copies and that is it. They did not even have it on display. The only copies they had were behind the counter. I hope they make a BB2, the potential for this game is unlimited.

Last edited by DirtyCobra; 06-09-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I went into my local gamestop last night and spoke with the rep. I asked how the sales of the game has been. He told me they sold a few copies and that is it. They did not even have it on display. The only copies they had were behind the counter. I hope they make a BB2, the potential for this game is unlimited.
Can someone tell me why they wouldn't at least put a copy out on the shelves for customers who just come in to browse? They are effectively hiding the game from all but those that know it exist (which the casual gamer doesn't know a lot of games exist until they see them in store).
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #37
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I've been to 3 different Wal-Marts in the area and at each I walked over to see how many copies they had out to see how well they've sold.

They didn't have any. Not because they sold them out, they just weren't selling them. There wasn't a place for them in the case.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Can someone tell me why they wouldn't at least put a copy out on the shelves for customers who just come in to browse? They are effectively hiding the game from all but those that know it exist (which the casual gamer doesn't know a lot of games exist until they see them in store).
I was shocked...I looked for both the PS3 and the Xbox version...Neither were on the shelves. I looked high and low and nothing.....I should go back tonight and ask why they do not have any on the shelves.

IMO it is a shame. This game, though it has glitches has the potential to be unbelievable and I mean unbelievable. I understand the learning curve is somewhat steep but once you become accustom to it, it is fabulous. >>
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I've been to 3 different Wal-Marts in the area and at each I walked over to see how many copies they had out to see how well they've sold.

They didn't have any. Not because they sold them out, they just weren't selling them. There wasn't a place for them in the case.
I wonder why these places are not carrying them.. I would be almost positive that 505 would want Walmart to carry their game.

Last edited by DirtyCobra; 06-09-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
warriorbear 08:49 AM 06-08-2010

I guess my question is, was it really a full 3 years of development, or was this a situation where NM was sitting on the tech, had a good tech demo, saw how it worked in other games, and decided since EA or 2k didn't want to work with there tech at the moment, that they could profit from their work, and attempt to put together a football title.

Granted I have no idea how much work goes into making a American football title, but I have read just how challenging it can be... so I guess a real question is how much time did they really put into making BB? For some reason 3 years just seems like a lot of man hours into making a game that has some very basic flaws and some very excellent high points as well.
I like that theory.

As far as the challenge of making an American football game – I don’t believe its any harder than making any other kind of game. The issue is that you need a good foundation. Your football logic has to be grounded in real football knowledge and strategy. I don’t believe Madden was created this way which is why they are having trouble infusing fundamental aspects of football. For example, if run blocking assignments are just now being put into the game how the heck were the programming blocking schemes before? This should have been done last generation.

Hopefully the core of Back Breaker took these kinds of things into consideration otherwise it will ultimately share the same basic issues that other football games have. I really think that if you had a team of talented developers that actually played the game, we would have a great football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »