Home

Passing is atrocious

This is a discussion on Passing is atrocious within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Passing is atrocious

Be sure and check your QB's focus arrow in the depth chart or roster section. If his arrow is in the down position he will play poorly regardless of his ratings. I've had good QB games with the arrow to the side or canted downward and had fairly good games. If the arrow is straight down.....forget about it, at least that's been my experience.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I find passing to feel more rewarding than running at this point. Nothing like picking apart the coverage
Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Try the alternate controls, i found that using x (ps3) to pass was much easier, and I wasn't overthrowing nearly as much. It also felt more natural for lobs, (tap x). Overall the alternate control scheme is much better if you get used to it imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 34

You really have to have gentle thumbs with the sticks.

We are used to jamming that stick for max passing or precision passing. Read the FS quick, and then keep and eye on that rush.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Most my passes are shoulder height or right near the knees. I would bet my pay check you are holding up on the right stick to long and not directing the "lead" feature low.

Lets use a example

WR Route

I---------->
I
I
I

The moment he is coming across the middle you flick up real quick. Just a simple flick and release. Then the moment after you flick up, you would hold the right stick DOWN and to the RIGHT. This will lead the ball away and low.

If you are flicking up and holding it up just a hair to long, it will be high jump balls all day.
Thanks for the input, no wonder why my passes were sailing high, I was holding up on the right stick too long and not flicking it. I'll have to try it out later. Thanks again.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
Thanks for the input, no wonder why my passes were sailing high, I was holding up on the right stick too long and not flicking it. I'll have to try it out later. Thanks again.
No prob bro
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm still getting used to passing. There are times where it is frustrating, and others where it's rewarding. Given how different this is from any other football game, I think a lot of the frustration comes from getting used to how it works and not trying to take what we know from Madden and applying it to BackBreaker.

I have had the same problems with overthrows, and I'm not convinced that part of this may still be an issue with the game. That said, I have gotten better with practice. About half of the INts I now recoginize what I did wrong to throw the pick. The other half are still WTF moments, like when the ball is deflected and a defender managers to snag the ball off his toes for the pick.

A couple of things I have noticed:
- I still have to get used to flicking the R stick. I still catch myself holding it, which results in overthrows a lot of times.
- The QB will throw the ball based on the were the receiver is running at that moment. You can't thrown the in or out before the reciever has made his cut of it will turn into a fly pattern. This can be good and bad, but instead of being mad about it, I just accept it for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

I have been able to lead receivers by flicking diagonally instead of straight up, am I imagining this or has anybody else seen this. Maybe I'm not actually leading them and my pass is so far off target it looks like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »