Home

Passing is atrocious

This is a discussion on Passing is atrocious within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #17
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Passing is atrocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I have been able to lead receivers by flicking diagonally instead of straight up, am I imagining this or has anybody else seen this. Maybe I'm not actually leading them and my pass is so far off target it looks like it.
I thought it was just me. I was overthrowing crossing routes by flicking up. I naturally flick at an angle, that's when I started to notice my passes being led that way. The manual says lead after you flick, but if you don't flick extremely fast then I think that inputs into your throw.

The thing I hate is when I try to lob the ball and end up switching recievers. TRAGIC!!! SACK!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
I thought it was just me. I was overthrowing crossing routes by flicking up. I naturally flick at an angle, that's when I started to notice my passes being led that way. The manual says lead after you flick, but if you don't flick extremely fast then I think that inputs into your throw.

The thing I hate is when I try to lob the ball and end up switching recievers. TRAGIC!!! SACK!!!
Yep, my thumb has a tendency to go diagonal and not up and down, I have to focus to go straight up an down. I think this contributes to my poor passing more than any thing, I need to train my thumb or maybe compensate my holding the controller at an angle. I also wish focus mode was the default while in the pocket, aren't all quarterbacks focused on their receivers when in the pocket? I think it's unnecessary to have to pull the trigger to be in focus mode. When the quarterback scrambles the quarterback should lose varying degrees of focus depending on their ability to throw on the run, which is not possible but maybe for BB2.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
Rookie

Gocats11's Arena

OVR: 1

i totally agree,passing sucks. i guess i need more practice.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

I think they made it TOO sensitive, but that's just me. I barely flick the stick and it's often overthrown, so I don't know.

I would prefer two things: Custom control scheme, and a camera pulled about 2 yards back, and 2 yards higher for passing.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
No prob bro
So is it that whatever direction you move the RS after the flick - that is the direction and height of the throw? You said you moved the RS down and to the right - so the system takes that as you want to throw low and to the right.......so If I push up and to the right the system will plant the ball higher and to the right? I've tried many things in the 'practice' mode and in games - It doesn't seem consistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I think they made it TOO sensitive, but that's just me. I barely flick the stick and it's often overthrown, so I don't know.

I would prefer two things: Custom control scheme, and a camera pulled about 2 yards back, and 2 yards higher for passing.
Yeah I agree. The camera view for running the ball is ok, but they need to raise the camera a tad when u pass the ball would help out alot, sometimes its hard to see if a guy is covered or not.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I find passing to feel more rewarding than running at this point. Nothing like picking apart the coverage
I think passing is all pre snap reads. If you watch how the LB are lined up pre snap and read the safeties after the snap it really helps me.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Gotta get a QB with a high focus rating...i go for guys in the 90's but 80's will also do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »