Home

Passing is atrocious

This is a discussion on Passing is atrocious within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #41
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Passing is atrocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
what do you mean 'lead with buttons' ?

With the stick I can pass left, down, right, up and (maybe) combinations of those. I'm not talking about simple bullet vs lob.

Let's say I throw to a go route and want to lead him further down the field (ie overthrow) ...how do I do that with buttons? Is 'Y' all of a sudden 'up'?

just so we're clear, the game calls it "aftertouch" and that's what I'm talking about.
Oh no i worded it wrong i meant you can still use the stick to lead when you use the buttons to pass. So that way can't overthrow accidentally since you pass with the buttons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #42
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

My main concern with this is when I have a wide open reciever and I go to lob him the ball, but only seem to switch recievers.
A way you could fix this is to have the QB switch recievers out of focus mode (scanning mode), then only focus to make the throw. That way when you're ready to throw you won't switch recievers. Wow, that was pretty easy.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

As others have said get a QB with a good focus rating and practice a lot. Today I had my first decent passing game 14-26 with 304 yds passing 5 tds and 5 ints. I still have not had a game with more TD passing then INT's but it is getting better and I am now able to see the field better as the QB and make better decisions. Before i was only completing about 15% of passes 1-2 td and up to 12 int's so this is a major improvement for me.

The key beside a QB with good focus is to try and determine where you want to go before the snap, only flick the stick forward, once the ball is in the air try and aim the ball for the WR and AWAY from the secondary.

I love the camera angle BTW I hope they never change it as this is a really good reproduction of how a real QB see's the field.

Even if you have to play on easy against a bad team just to get the hang of passing do what ever it takes to practice passing without getting frustrated.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

Just had my best passing game in terms of comp %. Went 15 for 21 for 255 yds and 2 tds and 2 ints....The passing is fantastic once you get the hang of it....They just need to fix the int issue...
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I love most aspects of the game, but the passing is horrendous. I can't seem to complete more than 1 pass consecutively, regardless of my QB's skill. And I'll be throwing to wide open receivers, yet he overthrows the ball about 85% of the time. It's driving me insane. I flick it up; overthrown. I press it up; overthrown. I hold it up; overthrown. About 90% of my passes are picked off or incomplete. I don't get it.

And also, the camera is WAY too tight for passing the ball. At least raise the level enough to see past your damn lineman.
u must stink at the passing game then, i love the passing good balance of difficulty and timing love it .also the cam i alright could be put back abit but u cant blast this game for a first try chill down

LETS GO RAVENS!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just some good news for those that are not happy with the current camera.

Todd the lead developer for BB has confimred that they will raise the camera and widen it some. It will be a alternate camera view.

When it will come no one knows. They are quite on when the patch will be released, but it is coming.
Thank god. And with that patch, I hope to god they fix a majority of the horribly broken gameplay.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #47
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

It may have been brought up before, but it's true. I played most of my games with my created Dallas team was picking apart defenses with a nicely rated Romo. When I switched to the Dolphins and a Henne who had a low rating in throwing strength things changed dramatically. Threw 5 INT and couldn't complete more than short yardage gains. The ratings of players actually means a lot in this game and are not to be taken lightly.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

The way things are in this game, I just pass under the defense because those ****ing defenders catch ever ****ing bobbled pass!! Even still I get atleast 2-3 interceptions a game. PATCH THIS $#^&*@ GAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »