Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePanther34
Every mistake I have made in the game is my fault not the games I am learning quickly that you can't throw into double coverage like you can in madden and the passing game should be hard there is a reason why the QB position is the hardest position to play. I think most of all the problems with the gameplay are not unrealistic problems for real players in football like for example getting hit in the back by defensive-men when you are a QB that happens a lot Backbreaker was just made as a real football game. I will be looking for NFL BACKBREAKER 20??. If you don't like Backbreaker then just go play Madden because you would probably get destroyed in a real football game.
I actually played real football. Like on a field, under lights, with a uniform representing my high school and everything. Even got a concussion and blew out a knee. Backbreaker is not real football. Madden is not real football. You want REAL football, go outside and play with flesh and blood friends. What I want from my GAME is as close to a simulation of football as possible, and that goes beyond the game on the field. I need atmosphere, I need color, I need variation, I need motivation...in that regard, despite Madden's failures, it is leagues and leagues beyond BB. Football is much more than just the game on the field. If that was all that mattered we'd all be watching soccer right now.

BTW, BB's on field game isn't even that great beyond the physics (which are simply awesome, but the fixed camera makes me wonder what goes on away from the ball...) I'd take canned animations with a full American football rule set over the arcade-y rule set of Backbreaker.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #250
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Backbreaker Review

I'm a big ESPN/All Pro 2K8 (still play it) & was thinking of getting Backbreaker before I read the review.

Thanks for saving me $$

Philadelphia Eagles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »