Home

Shot taken through IGN?

This is a discussion on Shot taken through IGN? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
Shot taken through IGN?

I was reading the IGN E3 report on Madden Online Multiplayer and I almost fell over laughing. It seems like they took time to have a little poke at Backbreakers camera angles. They mentioned that when you change players on defense, that the camera switch won't make you want to vomit on your couch. In my opinion that was aimed at more than themselves. What do you think? Check it out!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096727p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Shot taken through IGN?

IGN is beginning to annoy me a lot.

And not even for this, lol.

And I've read, but not sure, that EA or someone with ties to EA owns a part of IGN, so.. if thats true, there ya go.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Rookie

gridironjunky's Arena

OVR: 3

With the review thay gave backbreaker I find it odd that they still feel the need to take little swipes at a game they basicly said wouldn't even be a blip on maddens or anybody elses radar. Hmm. You stay classy IGN!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

EA has no ties to them that I am aware of, IGN is owned by News Corp.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

not too surprised by IGN's class with that....I've seen their reviewers be disrespectful to other developers in the past Post-review..

but this right here is where IGN continues lose what little credibility they have left...

after receiving free Xbox 360 slims(like everyone else in the auditorium) this is what ALL of their editors had to say about Microsoft's E3 presentation.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096820p1.html

the online majority reaction to MS conference was not too good.....it was pretty obvious they were catering to the Wii's casual audience.....and ignored what got them their early success with the 360, games games and more games.....they gave stage time for their regulars Gears, Halo, Fable,...but also multplat games like COD5 & Metal Gear Rising....but nothing much *new* exclusive games....then the rest of the time was about Kinetic (Natal)...but most of the games and features they showed can be done with their old USB camera.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
All Star

IGN's a joke. I remember they tried to do a direct comparison of APF2k8 and Madden 08 and it was completely azz backwards. I stopped reading that site at that point. Their taking potshots at Backbreaker doesn't surprise me, they were one of the sites that carried Madden during it's lean years with overly positive reviews. I'll never forget their review of Madden '08 actually saying games regularly yielded 8-12 turnovers a game, yet still rated it an 8.7 I think. Seems some sites have an interest in making sure no competition exists.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

If they are such a joke (which I agree with) why does anyone care what they say or even take the time to read what they post?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Unreal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »