Home

Helpful Information For Guys Doing Roster Edits

This is a discussion on Helpful Information For Guys Doing Roster Edits within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Helpful Information For Guys Doing Roster Edits

I'm not sure if this subject matter really needs its own thread but here it is anyway. I hope I'm not offending anyone here but I know alot of guys are really into doing some serious edits to the games over the top AI and thats ok some things are needed to make the game abit more playable and forgiving for alot of us including yours truly.

What I've really been into with some free time is finding out what makes this game do what it does as far as certain aspects like the right place right time DBs and the at times lack luster line blocking or crazy blitzing DEs and LBs, trust me I've seen alot of at times crazy over the top gameplay.

In my opinion I've noticed that when playing the game with the original teams its really not that bad most of the poor play was based inpart due to my own failure to actually learn to be patient,smart and develope the skills needed to be good at it, thus far I am improving as there is a learning curve taking place here, with me anyway.

I wanna get to the point here based on what I've actually seen and have done and no I don't have any game footage to load up and show you first hand. There are however some serious YouTube gameplay videos you can check out.

What I did was do some editing on my own based on what was already there in the game.

I picked two teams to work with Dallas and Minnesota, straight from the teams that came with the game and played them in competition against each other and I must say they are both great teams and play brilliantly.

I took the edits from the CBs and Ss and copied their ratings and implimented them into my own teams ratings with a few minor tweaks here and there.

I plan on doing other positions if needed and in most likeihood will but I won't over edit or use global edits.

Result a much better gameplay experience so far I think using the games own or original team edits is a better way to go about it rather then over reacting and thus over editing whats already there needing a few tweaks here and there to smooth out the over the top AI and gameplay in general.

I'm not sayin' the edits to date so far are bad but if you look closer and what the developers designed and programmed into the game you'll find they did get alot of things right.

For the most part I'm not a fan of global edits for this game I think its kills the whole concept and aspect of what the game is about if however you need that edge then so be it, if it works for you then by all means do your thang and enjoy what you've done.

But if you take your time and really look at the teams in there you'll find most actually do mirror their home towns with simular game play and edits for the most part and with an edit here and there to bring them into a more rounded team representation you'll really appreciate what the developers set out to do which imo was a very good first time effort.

Enjoy your game guys and keep inmind the few items mentioned here and check out your own teams gameplay to see whats really goin' on to make smart edits and not over react or over edit.

Enjoy the game and have fun I have to get back to the real world and just wanted to share some important thoughts to help us all out with the game.

If you've anything that might help or share thoughts or ideas by all means speak up and be heard by posting in the various threads at this site or here.

Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Helpful Information For Guys Doing Roster Edits

How do you edit the rosters (ps3)?
Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Helpful Information For Guys Doing Roster Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Xtreme
How do you edit the rosters (ps3)?
I couldn't tell you I have an XBOX 360 using Finns editor.

Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »