Home

What is your favorite play?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite play? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
What is your favorite play?

?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: What is your favorite play?

Mine is HB Middle. It has the #2 WR run an outside release fly route, and I can complete that route most of the time for big gains and TDs. Part of it is that my team of choice is a recreated Cowboys team that has Dez Bryant at the #2 WR with 95 Speed, so he can blow by almost any #2 CB.

I recently finished the first season of a Season mode with this team, and and one point Dez Bryant had 17 catches with 13 TDs after 5 or 6 games.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
Banned

foolish813's Arena

I forgot the name of the play, but it's the second to last shotgun play (i think). The far left WR runs a slant out, The left slot slants out-n-up, the TE slants straight to the corner, and my #1 WR runs a post. Someone will always be open.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Up the middle, usually off tackle right, every play of the game. Really was the most fun i had with it.

Now that I have a good QB passing went from impossible to too easy, and now that I try and play more realistically I don't run as often and don't get my 90-runs-per-game rythym.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I like plays where the OL pull, trap, cut, and work up-field. When the blocking mechanics are working, they are a thing of absolute beauty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still have difficulty passing. The only way I complete something is by holding down focus mode before the snap..stay locked on the receiver and as soon as he makes his cut release. there simply isnt the time to survey the field and look for the open receiver. Thoughts? Maybe I need a stronger OLIne..do you drop back yourself or let the computer do it?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I like Gun TE Fade. If the TE doesn't get open on the outside, the WR slanting on the inside will. It helps to have two good routes on the same side of the field.

Also, lots of people are saying that you should let the computer do your drop back, but I have terrible luck passing that way. If I do my own drop back (based on the route I'm intending to pass to) and read the coverage I can avoid pressure better and complete more passes. That's just me though.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
I like Gun TE Fade. If the TE doesn't get open on the outside, the WR slanting on the inside will. It helps to have two good routes on the same side of the field.
That's it. That's my play. Gun TE Fade! Yeah boooyyyyy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmofo
I still have difficulty passing. The only way I complete something is by holding down focus mode before the snap..stay locked on the receiver and as soon as he makes his cut release. there simply isnt the time to survey the field and look for the open receiver. Thoughts? Maybe I need a stronger OLIne..do you drop back yourself or let the computer do it?
The 1st things I replaced in RTBB was my O-line. Makes a huge difference. That added time will usually give you atleast a second read.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »