Home

Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

This is a discussion on Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #57
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
After playing the NCAA demo and realizing the BB trade in value is $14, I developed a little more patience for the BB patch.
For all that locomotion 'big upgrade' talk,I don't see it.EA still has that 'weightless' feel to players.It feels like your gliding them along,'skating'.

With a decent patch(o-line blocking,int's)Backbreakeris is the game I'd rather play.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
For all that locomotion 'big upgrade' talk,I don't see it.EA still has that 'weightless' feel to players.It feels like your gliding them along,'skating'.

With a decent patch(o-line blocking,int's)Backbreakeris is the game I'd rather play.
Yeah, and I wanted to see otherwise. The graphics are kind of "surface nice" (a lot of people think otherwise) but I prefer BB's-the models have more weight to them and are more suited as football players, even if their sleeves don't move.

Once again, my major problem with the demo, is the ease of the passing game . The pinball view is good for accumulating MVP QB stats, but it's not much fun.

EDIT:to your point about BB being the game you want to play I second that. To your reasons (O-Line Blocking, INTs), I would say that as far as the run blocking goes, I wouldn't mess with that too much. It needs work, but I don't want it tweaked too much in the O-Line's favor. I would like to see the O-Line pass blocking tweaked a little more. AND GET THE CPU OFFENSE TO RUN THE BALL AGGRESSIVELY AND EFFECTIVELY.

Last edited by JayBee74; 06-30-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
yeah, it's not even on this Gamestop tradein promo that has most other games released in the last couple months if not longer - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty.../save40madden/
Yeah, I just called in to check-BB is currently $14 trade in, $11 Cash.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 4

Man that was quick. Just a few weeks ago when I called I could have gotten 25 bucks(store credit) for this game. If this upcoming patch doesn't solve some of these major issues then it looks like a made a mistake buying this game.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #61
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Can still get $22 if you send it off to Amazon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #62
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

The trade in value is going down fast because no one wants to buy it.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #63
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
The trade in value is going down fast because no one wants to buy it.
I'd say some people would give it a chance if they knew it existed.

Oh, and one thing about the passing game is there aren't too many short pass plays. Like normally when you get a pass off in this game, you're looking at at least nine yards gained.

That's where there comes this issue with if you mess with the running speed of the players (their 40's are terrible) as well as the run blocking and such, there will be too much offense. Well I'd agree, but as a balancing point you could surely recreate some plays so that there are more short passes that are easier to make and long passes are more difficult.

Also, backing the QB camera up a couple of more clicks would be nice. I wish there was some other form of periphery as well, because I know that if I'm a QB and I'm facing east, even if I'm eyeballing a receiver that's north of me, I can still easily see what's coming east of me. Sometimes I can still see a bit of what's west of me, but this game doesn't really have any sort of way to tell you this. Even threat meters like in ESPN NFL 2K5's FPF feature would be nice, anything that can help you scramble and evade if you need to.

Oh, and scrambling in this game sucks. Just don't do it lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

camera patch
camera patch
camera patch
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »