Home

Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

This is a discussion on Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?
Yes-the importance of Focus Mode to QB accuracy deems that it be used often anyway 8 12.50%
No-the camera is fine-a small tweak maybe, but I'd rather keep it close. 25 39.06%
Give me multiple camera angles and No up close Focus Mode view. 31 48.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

^^ LOL I know what you're saying! Just from playing the demo and visiting the BB forums i got the feeling this game is not for me YET. Butt if like many of you are saying there were more options for view i would pick it up. Maybe the patch will do something like that or not.

Devs could always smarten up for BB2!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #66
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

No matter what, I hate the idea of passing icons in-game because it completely detracts and detours away from the minimalist on screen display. Adding icons turns BB into every other football. Tecmo didn't have passing icons yet it's still considered one of the best football video games ever; no one asked them to change their formula, so why BB?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #67
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
No matter what, I hate the idea of passing icons in-game because it completely detracts and detours away from the minimalist on screen display. Adding icons turns BB into every other football. Tecmo didn't have passing icons yet it's still considered one of the best football video games ever; no one asked them to change their formula, so why BB?
I fail to see the correlation. One game is an on the field experience of somewhat realistic proportions, the other started off as an actual arcade game (as in quarters in the slot) in 2d 20 years ago.

Why would we want a 20 year old set up for a game made in 2010. People scream realism when talking about the camera angle and such. Well in real life, I can switch from looking at one receiver to another without having to cycle through all of them to get there.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm in the minority camp that loves the camera, as is, and would hate to go to on-screen icons. If they do make any changes, I hope they leave the option to stay the same for those of us who like it the way it is.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #69
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSsoldOUT
I'm in the minority camp that loves the camera, as is, and would hate to go to on-screen icons. If they do make any changes, I hope they leave the option to stay the same for those of us who like it the way it is.
I think most of us are asking for extra cam options. Not the removal of existing ones.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #70
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

What I mean is that having passing icons takes away from the stylized gameplay the developers intended. The game is meant to have minimal osd info because it's supposed to serve as an immersive experience; by going the route of icon based passing you remove one of the core principals of the game.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #71
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
What I mean is that having passing icons takes away from the stylized gameplay the developers intended. The game is meant to have minimal osd info because it's supposed to serve as an immersive experience; by going the route of icon based passing you remove one of the core principals of the game.
I don't see how it makes it any less immersive or remove a core principal of the game. Unless a core principal of the game is to have a cumbersome way to select a receiver to look at. Talking about Icons to find a receiver, the throwing mechanic would remain the same, just not as cumbersome to find your receiver. Especially if coupled with the ability to look at the safeties during your drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #72
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Well obviously the developers intended the game to be played without the icons - hence creating the game with a pick-up & play feel by using a simplistic control system mapped to the R-Stick instead of the expected icon-based passing system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »