Home

All I can say is WOW!!!

This is a discussion on All I can say is WOW!!! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: All I can say is WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
There is just too much about BB that tips the realism scales for me to feel that way now.\
Really like what? Physics are great but the X's and O's and the general football IQ of the game leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
How does it not? Matter of fact I stole that statement from a game publisher. An entrepreneur or a well to do investor that solely cares about return and profit would not publish video games and if they did they would be trying to back a cheap flash facebook game not Backbreaker.
I have no idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion. But it's funny nonetheless.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

[quote=RaiderKtulu;2041364541
You guys really need to get your expectations back down to earth. Play the game for what it is... or don't. Stop wishing for it to be something it isn't. [/QUOTE]

This is remarkably funny coming from someone like you. The irony.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #60
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is remarkably funny coming from someone like you. The irony.
Do you even own this game anymore? All you do is post negative after negative. There is NOTHING constructive about your posting here.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Its not philanthropy. BB wasn't the endeavor for people trying to make a quick buck. It would be naive to assume anything but a long range plan in which immediate profits wasn't the main goal and certainly wasn't in the forecast.
Oh I'm certainly not insinuating the "quick buck" theory. What I'm saying is that if the Backbreaker project doesn't meet their financial goals then these guys that come to work everyday may find themselves looking for other work.

What I meant as far with regards to philanthropy is that these guys go to work each day to provide for their families. Money is the first concern to be honest. Not to satisfy a niche fanbase on message boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Do you even own this game anymore? All you do is post negative after negative. There is NOTHING constructive about your posting here.
If it bothers you that much, put me on ignore. Or if only positive things work for you head off to another forum.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Oh I'm certainly not insinuating the "quick buck" theory. What I'm saying is that if the Backbreaker project doesn't meet their financial goals then these guys that come to work everyday may find themselves looking for other work.

What I meant as far with regards to philanthropy is that these guys go to work each day to provide for their families. Money is the first concern to be honest. Not to satisfy a niche fanbase on message boards.
Agreed. However I believe they are locked in for a second game. So for now, it would seem they are safe.

But yes the notion that they don't do it for the money is funny.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #64
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood

You don't know if money is their first concern and you dont know how important BB's revenue is. If you are trying to make money there are other places to invest besides videogames and if you chasing profits in the videogame market BB isn't the type of game that you invest in.

I think they were trying to make a statement with BB even if it cost them money. That statement in the long run could lead to a financial boon if BB as a franchise forced Take Two or EA to license euphoria for their sports games.

I study game sells and I predicted that BB would sell 150K. So far its at about 75K. I think I'm on the money and if I am close then you know Natrualmotion had some inkling. So either they budgeted or they knew they were going to lose significant money but they still published the game. That tells me they believe that BB is going to either sustain itself in the long run as a franchise which is reasonable because sports sequels are cheap to develop, or force the industry to adopt euphoria.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »