Home

Backbreaker Patch Details

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch Details within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Todd is telling what was fixed in support & feedback... On bb forums now

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Looking forward to this. Much more than I had anticipated! Will probably have to go into the editor after the patch though and re-edit all my NFL teams / players. Will gladly do so though!
Why? I don't think it should effect the custom teams list, unless I am missing something.

EDIT: Here is a link to some of the new plays that were added...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natural...7624482475509/

Here are some new pics showcasing the new replay system...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1981638&ref=mf

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-02-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Backbreaker Patch Details

The only thing i was hoping for (and didn't think there was a chance in hell of actually getting) was the REPLAY SYSTEM!!!!!

AWESOME JOB!!!!

Everything else is absolute gravy....can't wait for the patch!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razom
I wasn't expecting new plays let alone whole new formations this is awesome.
I have to say, that one caught me off guard, but is definitely welcome....

Overall, I am blown away by this list of improvements and it makes me wanna go pick this game up, now. I haven't played the demo in a while and maybe I'll hit it up (kinda hard with my being in love with NCAA 11 and now I'm starting to like the Madden 11 demo) .

One thing I don't get:

• Users playing D-line can now bat the ball (pull down on the right-stick)

Uhh, why would I be pulling down to reach up at the ball?? I hope that was mental flip of a typo and they meant to say "push up..." but I doubt that.

Regardless, I think this game is FINALLY going to make it into my library. Great effort, Nat. Mot. Can't wait to see what u do with BB2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
I love the list and can't wait to try it...if everything goes as planned these fixes should propel this game into "legendary" status (for those who love it like me)...however I to say one thing, they're still stubbornly holding on to controlling the camera view. Yes they're moving it out a bit (on offense) but why not give us the option of multiple views? Paticularly on defense??? I would love to play D with the "traditional" cam..yes I get why they're doing it, I understand all of that...but I have friends who will not play it because it's too much of a change for them and I would love to have them on board with this game because it is sooo cool...I still think the game makers/devs are limiting themselves and their audience by mandating that you use a their cam and not giving us the option...that's all.

Think about this, if the cam view was the same as the other game we could really compare apples to apples and it would obvious even to the casual eye how crappy the other game is...opportunity missed IMO.

I have to somewhat agree with this point. The PATCH details are incredible and I know Im am going to completely enjoy this game once again with the additions of all those items they listed.

However, by the same toiken, I really, really enjoy playing traditional football video games from that zoomed back ariel perspective so much more...it gives you such a better strategic overview of the action that makes playing the game more enjoyable. I too understand the focus of the design team to put the player 'in the trenches' but I also feel by not being flexible with different CAM options, they are limiting a certain percentage of their target football audience as well. Many people just cannot enjoy a game from that close up...I myself find it a bit disorienting, especially on defense. And when it becomes disorienting, it also becomes frustrating and loses its playability.

Now I am not suggesting removing or changing it, I am just suggesting that it would probably be a wiser strategic move to ADD both types of CAMS that allow players to choose their most comfortable CAM.

Choice is always best

Either way....Im looking forward to this Patch!...In fact, I cant wait
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 23

Looks like a very comprehensive fix list. It will be interesting to see whether there is another patch after this or if we get some more info on whether they are working on BB2.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I have to say, that one caught me off guard, but is definitely welcome....

Overall, I am blown away by this list of improvements and it makes me wanna go pick this game up, now. I haven't played the demo in a while and maybe I'll hit it up (kinda hard with my being in love with NCAA 11 and now I'm starting to like the Madden 11 demo) .

One thing I don't get:

• Users playing D-line can now bat the ball (pull down on the right-stick)

Uhh, why would I be pulling down to reach up at the ball?? I hope that was mental flip of a typo and they meant to say "push up..." but I doubt that.

Regardless, I think this game is FINALLY going to make it into my library. Great effort, Nat. Mot. Can't wait to see what u do with BB2.
Pushing up on the right stick is a bull rush.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #39
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11
Yeahhhhhhh!!!! Damn, this game was fun before the patch, can't wait to see it after. No empty fixes here, this is going to be a whole new game.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #40
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I for one am really glad they're sticking to their camera view. Those who are too stubborn to even give it a try don't deserve this game.

You have no idea how spoiled the other view makes you. Think about it - in the other games, in order to make passing more difficult - they had to implement randomly generated bad passes. They actually had to force bad passes on you so that you didn't complete 80% of your passes every game. The extra challenge of potentially not seeing the open WR is a very, very good thing - especially now with the improved replay system so we can go back and see what we missed and essentially learn from our mistakes and realize what the proper read should have been.

Honestly I'm a bit worried about where they said they made the QBs more accurate and lessened the penalty for throwing out of focus mode. I've had a couple games where I was able to complete 75% of my passes, I don't want it much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »