Home

Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Im guessing he was trying to show the passing cam as much as possible.
meh. Well he was getting owned lol thats a point for the CPU
Old 08-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
I like what i seen But yeah some of the play calling do seem suspect, but the CPU executes really good. The only thing i question is that fumble and why apex ran only 3 times?
I disagree, CPU had a three and out on their opening drive. Stalled twice after his turnovers to settle for field goals. They only drove about 20 yards on their lone td.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I disagree, CPU had a three and out on their opening drive. Stalled twice after his turnovers to settle for field goals. They only drove about 20 yards on their lone td.
That 10 yard pass on there first drive was suspect though. And that second interception was beauty.It may look ugly but they are doing it(unlike pre patch, where they wasn't doing nothing). I want to see more though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Not all Td,s are long....they scored right something they did not do post patch.....you really sould not care how they scored as long as they take advantage of your mistakes.....right
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
That 10 yard pass on there first drive was suspect though. And that second interception was beauty.It may look ugly but they are doing it(unlike pre patch, where they wasn't doing nothing). I want to see more though.
I wouldn't say prepatch the CPU wasn't capable of doing what we saw in the video. Prepatch the CPU could have stretches where they moved the ball for 20 yards or so like on their lone td in this video.

Apex's turnovers basically supplied all of the CPU's points. Sustained drives are what I want to see from the CPU.

Way too short of video to really tell anything concrete, but I just wasn't impressed by the CPU offense other than the fact they didn't turn it over.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-03-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, I think we can make better observations once we have the patch in hand. I don't think he was necessarily trying to win, just trying get the most plays possible in a 14 minute time span. But, for anyone who has the game now, it is a marked improvement just from that footage. It was nice seeing that fumble on the kickoff, and I liked how the defensive back was able to hit the ball loose after the receiver caught the ball.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-03-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Way too short of video to really tell anything concrete, but I just wasn't impressed by the CPU offense other than the fact they didn't turn it over.
I don't know..cpu offense looked noticeably better to me. I didn't see the negative 5 yard swing pass/screen that flies out of bounds...that usually happened 2-3 times a quarter from the cpu.

I will say that I was expecting a little more from the cam angle...I've said this in other posts and I'll say it again...they're really proud of that cam angle and are stubbornly holding onto it. In order to get a wider appeal they're gonna have to change it or give the player the option for another cam view. That is if their ultimate goal is to actually sell games.

The animations and collisions are so beautiful, it's a shame that you don't see me more (particularly on defense) in real time because of the cam. By having the locked in view and close up cam your not getting that sense of anticipation of the big hits and the sense of thrill of the collision is not there because you simply can't tell what's going on (on defense).

It's funny because this game gets so many little things right (tightness of control, switching the "right" man when you change guys on defense, tackling, blocking, ints, running, diving, ect.). It basically does everything the "other" game doesn't do right. It just lacks options for obvious reasons. I don't think they should be afraid to go head to head with EA, they have a better product to build on and I would argue with traditional cams it would be better now/straight up. But for some reason they have it in their minds that they want to be different. They are actually doing EA a favor and hurting themselves by "being different".

Last edited by footballdude1971; 08-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
I don't know..cpu offense looked noticeably better to me. I didn't see the negative 5 yard swing pass/screen that flies out of bounds...that usually happened 2-3 times a quarter from the cpu.

I will say that I was expecting a little more from the cam angle...I've said this in other posts and I'll say it again...they're really proud of that cam angle and are stubbornly holding onto it. In order to get a wider appeal they're gonna have to change it or give the player the option for another cam view. That is if their ultimate goal is to actually sell games.

The animations and collisions are so beautiful, it's a shame that you don't see me more (particularly on defense) in real time because of the cam. By having the locked in view and close up cam your not getting that sense of anticipation of the big hits and the sense of thrill of the collision is not there because you simply can't tell what's going on (on defense).
...unless of course you're the one about to make that big hit.

Football is chaotic by nature. You aren't supposed to know everything that's happening at every moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »