Home

Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Extended Backbreaker (Post-Patch) Gameplay Footage

Man we get you dont like the view.....your 3 friends dont like it ok cool......lets please move on ......anyway I see alot to like post patch.....very happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
I get that, but to deny that's it's confusing for the average gamer all you're doing is kidding yourself. All I'm saying is why not give us the option of mutiple cams that's all? It's serves absoultely no purpose to appeal to the very small percentage (by being stubborn about the cam options) of people like yourself who want to play a LB or QB simulator. It's idiotic and the end result is going to be yet another franchise in gaming that just disappears. And it would be a shame because like I said, they do so many things in their first attempt that EA hasn't been able to do in 30 years.
Thats what the other game is doing. Catering to the average gamer. Look at how upset the fanbase is because of it.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #27

OVR: 34

What stood out to me is the glance feature running smoothly with little framerate drop. That's tough to pull of and you can really see it helps the passing game.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
I get that, but to deny that's it's confusing for the average gamer all you're doing is kidding yourself.
LOL,the average Gamer don't play football games.And if the do they buy the one with the NFL on it.The camera angle has nothing to do with it.Look at APF2k8 it had the different camera angles and guess what 2k sport didn't make a other game.Because the average Gamer didn't buy enough copy's to make a APF2k9.

I like the way people throw around the average gamer word.Me and friends are average gamer's we play alot of shooters.I think Nintendo should give Zelda a gun to get me and my friends to play that game?But you know and I know that when we speak about the average gamer where speaking about are self.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
If you understand the game and understand how to play the multiple positions and the reads associated with them you are never "lost". Just because you arent in on the tackle doesnt mean you dindt serve a purpose. I like a simulation of football this delivers that better than the competition by a long shot.
Well put and everyone that plays this game should take this advice.

This video actaully does a sloppy job showcasing the game. I know the only intention was to show what the patch accomplished, but when playing defense just play your position.
Do not switch all over the place. It gets very disoriented when you do that.

I stick to one position that entire play, and everything works out fine and fluid, and trust me you make saving tackles by doing this, and more.

Just stick to one player the whole play and everything works out nicely. You get nice rewards for playing your position the right way the entire time.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think Backbreaker was a expensive game to develop. It's obvious the game didn't sell well and i don't think that matters to them. They make PLENTY of money i'm sure, off of licensing there euphoria tech in games like GTA and Red Dead.

If they cared about how the game sold they wouldn't have worked so hard on a patch. They did that for the core fans.

Why do you think APF2K8 didn't get patched? Because 2K was devastated by the low sales so they didn't bother making a patch.

Anyway, the game post patch looks good.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #31

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Well put and everyone that plays this game should take this advice.

This video actaully does a sloppy job showcasing the game. I know the only intention was to show what the patch accomplished, but when playing defense just play your position.
Do not switch all over the place. It gets very disoriented when you do that.

I stick to one position that entire play, and everything works out fine and fluid, and trust me you make saving tackles by doing this, and more.

Just stick to one player the whole play and everything works out nicely. You get nice rewards for playing your position the right way the entire time.
I was just messing with the demo and what you say here applies. The traditional view in football games, and the controls for that view, really give the user everything at his disposal. Backbreaker is a little more specific in assuming your role as a player and fullfilling your responsibility. You don't get to see the whole play develop if it's away from your position, but you can move your player in the vicinity of the action or simply button to the action.

I do find myself getting a little dizzy in controlling forward motion and making sure I'm getting the best movement without going too lateral.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

How does Apex have the patch already?

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »