Home

The game definitely feels more "sim" now.

This is a discussion on The game definitely feels more "sim" now. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The game definitely feels more "sim" now.

I've played 2 games in a new season with the NFL. I'm the Lions and I'm 0-2 on hard. losses were 24-21 and 21-10 against the Pack and Panthers respectively.
Stafford has went 41/76 for 601 yards and 4-4 TD-INT. Best has 63 yards on 39 attempts (running is hard in the NFL, guys. The complaints about it are unwarranted). CJ is of course my leading receiver.

Defense also has a better feeling to it. I can't pinpoint anything, but I'm involved with the play initially less than half of the time (which is realistic as far as I'm concerned).

I'm playing on hard with almost everything off and very good form. Enjoying it much more with the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The game definitely feels more "sim" now.

Yeah, but from what I'm hearing you still don't have to worry about defending the run.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, but from what I'm hearing you still don't have to worry about defending the run.

I could agree to this to a point. I've had somewhere between 50 and 75 yards rushing against me. Most were from big runs. This could still use some fine tuning.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Jaybee,,,,,,,,what do you mean ,,, what your hear?? Have you played post patch......?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
Jaybee,,,,,,,,what do you mean ,,, what your hear?? Have you played post patch......?
Not yet-as I mentioned in another thread I loaned the game out to my girlfriend's son over a month ago. He lives 40 miles away. I'm trying to get up the energy to take the ride.

EDIT:I've been playing a little APF-that hasn't motivated me much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyon072
I could agree to this to a point. I've had somewhere between 50 and 75 yards rushing against me. Most were from big runs. This could still use some fine tuning.
That's what I don't like. Sounds a lot like pre-patch. I just had Thurman Thomas spin move me for a 45 yard TD in APF and I could have stopped him!! That's what I'd like to see in BB.

Last edited by JayBee74; 08-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Just finished my third game. Lost to the Pats 31-24. Stafford went 22/47 for 347 yards and 3 TD and 4 INTs. The picks really killed me and I would have won if I didn't throw into coverage so much. My running game was stuffed only putting up 16 yards on 19 attempts.

Defensively, I allowed 295 yards including 83 rushing yards from Maroney. I had 2 picks and a sack.

Very, very sim. If the running game is tweaked slightly and I learn to pass better, it will be amazing.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyon072
Just finished my third game. Lost to the Pats 31-24. Stafford went 22/47 for 347 yards and 3 TD and 4 INTs. The picks really killed me and I would have won if I didn't throw into coverage so much. My running game was stuffed only putting up 16 yards on 19 attempts.

Defensively, I allowed 295 yards including 83 rushing yards from Maroney. I had 2 picks and a sack.

Very, very sim. If the running game is tweaked slightly and I learn to pass better, it will be amazing.

I agree. I like more short passes ad ball control first game 20/27 passing 275, 2 td's 1 int. Running game 19 attempts 65 yards, against the Jets. Very sim game.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
I agree. I like more short passes ad ball control first game 20/27 passing 275, 2 td's 1 int. Running game 19 attempts 65 yards, against the Jets. Very sim game.
10 Minute quarters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »