Home

Strategy - Playbooks

This is a discussion on Strategy - Playbooks within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Strategy - Playbooks

Those that have the game. How are the playbooks and the CPU gameplans?

Is there a way to play against the CPU and differentiate the teams? For instance are their distinct passing teams that line up in 4 wide and running teams that run two TE and two back?

I saw the reviews and that the playbooks all looked the same for every team.

I would buy the game for sure if there is a sense of playing unique and individual teams. If not I will probably pass.

Thanks for the helP!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Strategy - Playbooks

There is only one playbook peroid. Not a concern of mine but obviously is a big one for you. Ill stop now before I end up on a soapbox talking about how we need to support this game to ensure competition.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
Those that have the game. How are the playbooks and the CPU gameplans?

Is there a way to play against the CPU and differentiate the teams? For instance are their distinct passing teams that line up in 4 wide and running teams that run two TE and two back?

I saw the reviews and that the playbooks all looked the same for every team.

I would buy the game for sure if there is a sense of playing unique and individual teams. If not I will probably pass.

Thanks for the helP!
1 playbook and only a handful of plays. Very limited
Old 08-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Handful of plays really.........over 100 plays is and handfull..........REALLy..........ok
Old 08-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
1 playbook and only a handful of plays. Very limited
Thanks man. This is the biggest thing for me in football games. I don't mind not having a NFL license but not having different CPU playbook and team identity make this a non-buy for me.

Maybe....they have a play editor next year. That would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

The teams play different man, some have good qbs,some fast wr,strong front7,smart cbs,.......its hard to tell you ......all I can say is they play different,,,,,dont let the play book full these teams will.kick your a$$ and shut you down.....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
Handful of plays really.........over 100 plays is and handfull..........REALLy..........ok
Really ok then let me break it down.

Empty - 8 plays
Shotgun - 14 plays
Spread - 10 plays
Bunch - 11 plays
Singleback - 17 plays
strong I - 11 plays
Pro - 11 plays
I - 11 plays
Ace - 11 plays

I am not downing the game. But I am being honest to the guy. This is not variations on sets those numbers. That is the actual play amount IN those sets. Then ONLY plays in the entire game.

You want to have a spread team, well you have a total of 10 plays to call from!!! You want to have a team run out the I form, well you got 11 plays to choose from.

Is it a game killer?? Far from it for me. I am not a stickler for play amounts. I will make do because I knew the game would be lacking in these kinds of areas. But for someone who holds those things for high importance it could be. I understand everyone wants to have people support the backbreaker team and I want people to also.

But I also want the guy to know what he is getting so he does not waste his money. Not saving the game is a waste of money because I don't. I paid 40 for it and feel it is worth every penny. But I would want someone to be honest to me.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Each team does come with a label for both offense and defense that shows their team's strengths. They're pretty noticeable on the Hard difficulty. New Jersey Pirates are a 77 on defense (one of the better defensive teams in the game) and their term is "Playmaking Corners." When you play against them, you'll notice their CBs are a lot better at making plays on the ball than you would find from other teams.

Here's a list of the terms (believe these are all of them unless I missed one.) First offense,

Broader examples: Smashmouth Offense, High Octane Offense, Elusive Playmakers, Ball Protection

Running examples: Punishing Backfield, Elusive Backs, Smart Runners, Explosive Backs

Passing/WR examples: Possession Receivers, Deep Threats, Elusive Receivers, Precision Passing

Defense

Broader examples: Gang Tacklers, Smashmouth Defense, Bend Don't Break, Aggressive Front Seven, Risk/Reward Defense, Run Stuffers, Swarming Defense

Linebacker Examples: Intelligent LBs

Secondary Examples: Run Support DBs, Smart Secondary, Playmaking Corners, Long Range DBs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »