Home

360 or PS3 which is easier to get NFL rosters/teams?

This is a discussion on 360 or PS3 which is easier to get NFL rosters/teams? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
360 or PS3 which is easier to get NFL rosters/teams?

Just need a quick answer from some guys. Looking for the easiest system to get the rosters on. 360 or PS3. This is not a which is better thread, I just need to know what system it would be easier to get the rosters on.

Thanks in advance.

DJ32

edit: Mods if you want to put this in the rosters forum that's fine.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: 360 or PS3 which is easier to get NFL rosters/teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Just need a quick answer from some guys. Looking for the easiest system to get the rosters on. 360 or PS3. This is not a which is better thread, I just need to know what system it would be easier to get the rosters on.

Thanks in advance.

DJ32

edit: Mods if you want to put this in the rosters forum that's fine.

I have a 360 and it depends on if you have an xport or not. Either way you can do it with a pc, a thumbstick, and a couple of freeware programs. The benefit of the 360 is the roster editor made by FlyingFynn allows you to modify ratings for created teams where as the PS3 has no such editor.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

In not worried about changing ratings. I just want the easiest way to get rosters. Which system offers the easiest way to get them?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

lit takes a minute or 2 on PS3, it's easy
Old 08-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

PS3 is the easiest. With the 360 you would have to use the Modio program and that can be confusing if you haven't used it before. PS3 would be your best bet if you don't want to alter ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
Pro

rgp913's Arena

360 HANDS DOWN.....all you need is a usb stick and to download a free program from the net and you can have the best, most accurrate rosters available.

Gsjii13 created the best logos/endzones, etc out of everyone and then I took that file and added all NFL players with accurate ratings (based of M11 ratings) and depth charts. You can check them out here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/79518725d9983f27/
Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
360 HANDS DOWN.....all you need is a usb stick and to download a free program from the net and you can have the best, most accurrate rosters available.

Gsjii13 created the best logos/endzones, etc out of everyone and then I took that file and added all NFL players with accurate ratings (based of M11 ratings) and depth charts. You can check them out here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/79518725d9983f27/
Except that you have to deal with rehashing/resigning the file and another program to copy the file to a usb stick because standard copy/paste commands don't work.

PS3 you just put the file on the USB stick or SD card and copy it. No extra programs or anything.

/and to be perfectly honest, some of the guys doing PS3 rosters have FAR better artwork than gjsii13's file, even if the ratings aren't as accurate.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Pro

rgp913's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Except that you have to deal with rehashing/resigning the file and another program to copy the file to a usb stick because standard copy/paste commands don't work.

PS3 you just put the file on the USB stick or SD card and copy it. No extra programs or anything.

/and to be perfectly honest, some of the guys doing PS3 rosters have FAR better artwork than gjsii13's file, even if the ratings aren't as accurate.
Yeah, there are very talented on the PS3. That is true. I suppose it depends what you want. PS3 is easier, but not being able to have a semblance of accurate rosters would kill it for me. I originally bought game for PS3 for the very reason you outlined, ease of file transfer. I decided to get it for Xbox after realizing how restricted you are in terms of team creation on PS3.

I know some guys have difficulty with getting files on the XBox from a usb with the rehashing, etc. but it's really quite simple. After I did it once or twice it became just as easy as transferring a file to a usb for the PS3.

Hopefully BB gives us a patch to fix the in game team creation editor (and the run game)...BB2 should allow us to edit ratings in game. It was silly to give us such great customization and to then restrict us in that regard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »