Home

Showing BB to friends

This is a discussion on Showing BB to friends within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Showing BB to friends

Last night after playing Mario Kart 64 for a couple hours on my buddies Modded xbox, One of my friends saw the backbreaker game case sitting on my bed. So I started it up to show him tackle alley. He got on the sticks and preceded fly through at times and struggle at times all the way to Wave 82 (the same one I can not get passed). For that hour all of us were laughing and rooting him on the whole way.

Now two of them are more interested in the game and considering picking it up. Just wanted to know what your guys friends reactions are when first seeing/playing the game. And if anyone else has got to wave 82 on first try! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Showing BB to friends

They thought it was neat, but are franchise fans like me, and in a matter of just 30-40 minutes really got to see almost all the game has to offer. To quote one of them: "I feel like I got my fix and don't need to buy it"

As a result I was the only one of my friends to buy it.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

I couldn't get them to even try it out.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They thought it was neat, but are franchise fans like me, and in a matter of just 30-40 minutes really got to see almost all the game has to offer. To quote one of them: "I feel like I got my fix and don't need to buy it"

As a result I was the only one of my friends to buy it.

Wow... Thats unfortunate the ADD youth of america these days. I've had this game since launch and every single time I play it I'm amazed. Backbreaker is a thing of beauty!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:52 AM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldy Snutz
Wow... Thats unfortunate the ADD youth of america these days. I've had this game since launch and every single time I play it I'm amazed. Backbreaker is a thing of beauty!
....or the game is really shallow and doesn't offer anything for people that like to build their teams in a franchise mode?

They didn't like the animations, the glaring physics problems the lack of an online franchise that would have gotten all of them to buy it, reinforced by the most feature barren 'multi-season' modes probably ever included in a football game. All of the above easy to see with just a quarter of play, and clicking through the UI looking at my Season and RtBB modes I'd started. At least we enjoyed 20 minutes of Tackle Alley... would have been a great Xbox Live Arcade title. Everyone would have bought that and we'd have spent months trying to beat each others scores like we did with Geometry Wars.

And sorry to break your generalization, but we're in our 30s, hardly the youth of America. That's great that BB is enjoyable for you, it's just clearly not for everyone.

Last edited by mestevo; 08-23-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
Rookie

gridironjunky's Arena

OVR: 3

My friends were all pretty much "no nfl, no sale." Franchise mode or lack thereof wasn't or wouldn't have been much of a problem for them. My brother did purchase the game. He loved the cerebral side of online play especially on defense, which I figured he would cause he coaches sophmores, but that was prepatch when you could trick people into throwing ill advised passes due to everybody having happy feet in the pocket. Haven't talked to him about the game post patch but considering its more offensive pass happy now I doubt he plays anymore.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
Rookie

I showed to my friends...they played it for a while. They loved it. It's a great game. I let them take home my copy and play it over night...I had to hunt them down the next day to get it back.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah I got the whole 'so does the players look like their real counterpart?' ... 'well, it's not NFL licensed' ... 'WHAT?... nope, i'll just get madden' ... ugh... to each his/her own but dag, so close minded.

Anyways, I just introduced it to a friend yesterday that never even HEARD of backbreaker. & I only brought it up to him because he asked me what I thought of madden. I'll keep that to myself lol

He thought it was pretty good but.... wasn't too thrilled.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »