Home

Please help me "perfect" my Backbreaker experience

This is a discussion on Please help me "perfect" my Backbreaker experience within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Please help me "perfect" my Backbreaker experience

I have gotten the NFL teams and jerseys downloaded. (PS3) I obviously have to try to make the teams as realistic as I can, with gold players and tendencies. But I want to know if anyone knows a universal way people are doing this, and where it is. I want to see what other people are doing to perfect the game on the PS3.

My second concern is the run game. It seems that my O-Line just gets dominated and most of the time I can't average 1-2 YPC. I am wondering if there is a way to make the O-Line better across the board. I read somewhere that says to make some setting in the team editor "Focus."

Any help will be appreciated. I have only edited 4 teams so if there is a way to make offensive line play better, I won't mind fixing the rosters again.

I also play on Hard with Pro settings because medium seemed way to easy with lackluster A.I.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Please help me "perfect" my Backbreaker experience

Running is just real hard in this game against the 4-3, 4-4, and 4-6 packages.

Not much you can do about it aside from coming out in 3 wide to get the CPU in nickel then audible to a run play.

Flipping the play can also be helpful against the heavy sets where the CPU loads up on 1 side.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

To show how futile the run can be at times in this game:

I just played Lions vs. Bucs 5 minute quarters and ended up with -6 yards on 35 carries.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I used to be like that, but I picked up a player with 95 speed and everything changed. Don't get me wrong, the inside run game still sucks. However with the exception of their DE getting to me every fifth run or so, I'm able to get some yardage going on the outside. My goal is 100+ yards per game and since then I have gotten it every time between 20 - 35 carries a game. The problem is the inevitable -4 yard runs when you're hit right when you get the ball. I don't know how that can be fixed.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

There's nothing you can do about the run game with the exception of what wEEman33 recommended or playing without the patch. This means loosing the additions, but the one thing the game was good at prior to the patch was o line and d line interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »