Home

Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #49
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Worth it?

After putting some time in with this game (over 20 halves with NFL teams) and the rosters. I must say, I may have to stop playing the other 2 football games. I know this game has it's issues but, NOT ONCE have I wanted to throw my controller at the TV because some animation or warping happened that caused me to get screwed.

Also, the rating changes and making players gold or silver have really put this game in a league of it's own.

I really wish this game was coming out next year but, with Finn's roster editor this game will be spinning in my 360 for a while.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #50
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
After putting some time in with this game (over 20 halves with NFL teams) and the rosters. I must say, I may have to stop playing the other 2 football games. I know this game has it's issues but, NOT ONCE have I wanted to throw my controller at the TV because some animation or warping happened that caused me to get screwed.

Also, the rating changes and making players gold or silver have really put this game in a league of it's own.

I really wish this game was coming out next year but, with Finn's roster editor this game will be spinning in my 360 for a while.
Glad you are enjoying it. I have the game on PS3 and it's fun, but it'd be nice to have those edited rosters. All my teams are nerfed right now (didn't know you couldn't look at created teams without it screwing up the ratings), so I may have to delete the patch, edit the NFL teams and the re-download the patch ... or just play with the default teams and go with it.

The animations in this game are really cool.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #51
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Glad you are enjoying it. I have the game on PS3 and it's fun, but it'd be nice to have those edited rosters. All my teams are nerfed right now (didn't know you couldn't look at created teams without it screwing up the ratings), so I may have to delete the patch, edit the NFL teams and the re-download the patch ... or just play with the default teams and go with it.

The animations in this game are really cool.
If you have a 360 I'd say go trade in the ps3 version for it. I had the ps3 version and maybe it's my own belief but, with edited rosters this game is A LOT better. Check it out if you can.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:

Knew you would like it Dirty. Once you play it for a while and get better at the controls everything just plays SOOO much better.

I played ManaicMatt last night and I had a dominate performance on the ground with the Jags. Beating the Eagles 27-0.

Jones-Drew ran well for me. 30 Carries - 149 yards - 3 TD - 52 Long TD

I LOVE Backbreaker!!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #53
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Knew you would like it Dirty. Once you play it for a while and get better at the controls everything just plays SOOO much better.

I played ManaicMatt last night and I had a dominate performance on the ground with the Jags. Beating the Eagles 27-0.

Jones-Drew ran well for me. 30 Carries - 149 yards - 3 TD - 52 Long TD

I LOVE Backbreaker!!
I'm getting the hang of it. I may have to stop playing the other football games so that I get used to the controls. The only problem I have is that there are a lot of drop passes in the game. But, I'd rather have that then some animation where a guys jumps 8 feet in the air running backwards to knock down a pass. That's why I'm ok with it. I just wish there was a catch rating in the game.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #54
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm getting the hang of it. I may have to stop playing the other football games so that I get used to the controls. The only problem I have is that there are a lot of drop passes in the game. But, I'd rather have that then some animation where a guys jumps 8 feet in the air running backwards to knock down a pass. That's why I'm ok with it. I just wish there was a catch rating in the game.
Hold right trigger + RS down after the ball is in the air/as he catches the ball. It will make all the difference, trust me.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #55
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Hold right trigger + RS down after the ball is in the air/as he catches the ball. It will make all the difference, trust me.
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
This. It makes a huge difference.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Have you tried online? If not, you'll love it when you go up against a quality opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »