Home

Exclusive rights halting release?

This is a discussion on Exclusive rights halting release? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Exclusive rights halting release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
BackBreaker 2 wasn't confirmed for this year anyway, it took 4 or more years for the first one, and I see no reason (considering how poorly the first one sold) for them to rush the sequel out. The extension between EA and the NFL (while still loathsome) doesn't effect BB2's release because it isn't even expected to come out this year. This is the main reason I'm upset with the devs for not supporting BB with more patches that would at least make the game playable for the next year or 2.
It was 505's call and not the developers to halt support on BB. If it was purely NaturalMotion's call I'm sure they would've continued to support BB. That is why I'm excited that they have now formed they're own game publishing company. Should mean more support if/when they release BB2 (which I'm thinking they won't release until 2012).
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Exclusive rights halting release?

this has no part in BB2 not coming out yet, BB1 was all about customization and Im sure that they have saw what people have done to the game with the NFL teams and such. Customization is really one of the big parts of the game so they dont care about the license.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »