Home

Natural Motion Focus Testing in San Francisco and Oxford, UK (BB2?)

This is a discussion on Natural Motion Focus Testing in San Francisco and Oxford, UK (BB2?) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Natural Motion Focus Testing in San Francisco and Oxford, UK (BB2?)

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=11457

Anyone living in those areas should check it out and sign up for the Backbreaker forums and PM Todd if you are interested. I wish I didn't live on the East Coast or I'd be there. Since it was posted in the Backbreaker discussion forum, I can only assume it is for BackBreaker 2. But obviously that is not confirmed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Natural Motion Focus Testing in San Francisco and Oxford, UK (BB2?)

I bet its for Icebreaker, being that is the confirmed console game they're working on.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I live about 20 minutes from San Francisco. I just might do it if it takes place before April 2nd while I'm here for break.

EDIT: It's on Saturday for SF, so I'll do it if Todd can get back to my post because I don't have PM privileges for some reason (probably because I only have three posts with them).

SECOND EDIT: Nevermind, looks like I just got privileges and I just PM'ed him. Can't wait to see what they have to offer!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-23-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Awe man I am dying for a new hockey game. I have permanently quit EA's hockey for good 2 months, so I can't wait for IceBreaker.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Awe man I am dying for a new hockey game. I have permanently quit EA's hockey for good 2 months, so I can't wait for IceBreaker.
Don't like 2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
Don't like 2k?
I have 2k10 and have played 2k since the dreamcast (NHL 2k2). However lets be frank, their game is not close to being anymore complete than what EA has either. Whether it be poor funding and not enough man hours to complete a full game that has great AI strong physics with a complete handling system with the players. Both games take different approaches but at the end of the day they both fail in different ways that make them both unplayable for long stretches. Even with extended slider manipulation.

What excites me about IceBreaker is now finally with true or close to true physics involved, important parts of the game ("contact" and "movement") can finally be to an extent done accurately thus leaving plenty of time and effort towards improving gameplay in terms of AI and alike to tweaking.

One of biggest pet peeves from the other guys was just tweaking movement and contact of the players alone. Whether that be from 2k, EA or us trying to fix it with sliders. None of them could get it right. With a true physics engine, not the crap EA has in their game we can finally bridge one of the hurdles that plagued the other games.

EDIT: some more thoughts since I'm already on my soap box.

For football physics did not improve the game as much as I thought and did not sell the game as much as people expected for the simple fact that football encompasses for too many apects of strategy and AI intelligence that they neglected or had little time to perfect and add.

With Hockey the strategies are basic (most strats are about positioning and taking away space on defense) and with a true engine it would have much more of an effect on gameplay than physics in a football game.

Thus the slow info on a new backbreaker. There is a lot more too football than what they put into than just physics. BB2 will take work to get all the "football" aspects into their game. Hockey has a much more pick feel to it and with the right mix of strategy and proper AI the game can be much more of a hit out of the cannon than football.

Last edited by catcatch22; 03-23-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I agree 100% CatchCatch22 and to add on to what you said they also have the ability to use actual players with their stats and attributes too if not in this game then in their sequal. That alone makes them dangerous I'm not looking for a extensive franchise mode out the box just the ability to play multiple seasons and a practice mode that would be cool for their first attempt as long as they get the core of the game right with playbooks line changes, rules and everything else that goes into a hockey game
Old 03-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I live about 20 minutes from San Francisco. I just might do it if it takes place before April 2nd while I'm here for break.

EDIT: It's on Saturday for SF, so I'll do it if Todd can get back to my post because I don't have PM privileges for some reason (probably because I only have three posts with them).

SECOND EDIT: Nevermind, looks like I just got privileges and I just PM'ed him. Can't wait to see what they have to offer!
Awesome man.

I used to live in San Jose for about 3 years. I wish I could be out there still so I could go also.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 03-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »