Home

Has anyone seen this?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen this? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Has anyone seen this?

If you go to Natural Motion Games' website and click Coming Soon you'll see this:

"There’s an exciting new game in development here. You might have seen a little bit about it already… hint. Keep checking back for more information. While you’re here, don’t forget to sign up to the Facebook fan page for NaturalMotion Games. You can get there by clicking on the link to the right. See you there!"

Where it says "hint" there is a link to an old BBC video of an early look at their hockey game Icebreaker. Here check for yourself: http://www.naturalmotiongames.com/games/coming-soon-1/

What do you think? Are you excited for the announcement? Anyone know whether this game will be for consoles?

"I'ma keep pourin it onnnn!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Has anyone seen this?

Excited for Hockey? Nah Chief. But look at :47 of the vid and you'll see them working on a football game. You can see a buncha cuts in the vid showing them working on a football game.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Much more likely they were using their own completed product or a sandbox environment to show off their tech, rather than showing them something in development just a few months after BB was released (video is from October).

You get a similar shot at 1:28 it is wave 1 of Tackle Alley, and during the interview with Chris he's just talking about behaviors.

Ironic that while Chris is talking about believable tackles they show a Backbreaker tackle and at the conclusion of it the tackling player floats counter clockwise into (MMA term) side control for no reason... momentum from the tackle took his legs the other direction.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

after reading postsposts on backbreaker.com forums. I am wondering if we aren't getting a new downloadable football game(bb2 or other?). Theres no confirmation, but it sure looks that way to me.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
after reading postsposts on backbreaker.com forums. I am wondering if we aren't getting a new downloadable football game(bb2 or other?). Theres no confirmation, but it sure looks that way to me.
They'll be announcing SOMETHING soon. We don't know what yet. Todd Gibbs (the main guy with Natural Motion who still interacts with us on the forum over there) said last weekend that announcement was coming soon. Then, yesterday he tweeted "Tick, tock, tick, tock..." He's only done that 3 times before: just prior to Backbreaker being released, just prior to announcing the patch, just prior to the patch being released. But, apparently those in the know say that most of us will be excited for it.

I think you're right and it is football related. The interaction leading up to it so far is similar to other football console game interactions. They never did this with BB2 for the iPhone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

All I can say is, "PUT YOUR CLEATS ON!!!"
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Rookie