Home

Backbreaker is back

This is a discussion on Backbreaker is back within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Backbreaker is back

When is this being released?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #26
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

How can I change those settings in my RtBB mode? I think I defaulted to Pro but turned off any visual aid possible (including the kicking meter). Does that make it custom as a result?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 22

yea it does change it to custom, which peeved me since Im ~10 games away from being done with RTBB

to change it, i think we'd need to hex edit, but I dont know if its possible to change the settings like that

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #28
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
yea it does change it to custom, which peeved me since Im ~10 games away from being done with RTBB

to change it, i think we'd need to hex edit, but I dont know if its possible to change the settings like that
What you mean done with RtBB? How many seasons does it last?

As for changing settings, cant you just change it on the options menu inside the RtBB? I change quarter length all the time and Im pretty sure you can change difficulty there too.

Quote:
Passing is still the same though, hit while in the receiving animation = dropped pass unless you do the Protect Ball cheese.
Why do you call that cheese? Your not the first I have heard say that but I am curious why?

Last edited by sb24; 05-08-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 22

well, the minimum is 3 seasons, I just want the achievement so technically it doesn't end at 3

its cheese IMO because the receiver will always catch the ball, no matter how hard he gets hit

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #30
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
its cheese IMO because the receiver will always catch the ball, no matter how hard he gets hit
Correction: He will always hold onto the ball if he catches it. I've had a fair number of times where my receiver has not caught the ball, but whether or not he is hit is irrelevant to him dropping it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Correction: He will always hold onto the ball if he catches it. I've had a fair number of times where my receiver has not caught the ball, but whether or not he is hit is irrelevant to him dropping it.
Yeah I agree with this. I agree they hold on to it almost to well but at the same time I feel they drop any pass as they are hit if you arent protecting ball. I still feel I see enough drops, bad passes and INT's to equal out the passing %.

jaosming what do you do to catch the ball? What is your completion %? Before using protect ball I was at about 45% but after Im around 65%. I can find open receivers on zone plays but man is a lot more difficult for me. They always get hit as they catch and then drop the ball(without protect ball). I have been trying to make sure I stay in focus mode until after he catches it but I feel they still drop way to many.

I find this interesting because I wouldnt want someone saying I cheese them, but I feel they drop way to many without it. IMO, not being able to catch consistently is a bigger issues that catching 3-5 passes a game that should have been dropped.

Oh and I tried playing on pro/hard instead of custom/hard. I only played one game, but I did feel there was a difference. I have to try it some more before I can say for sure but its worth trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »