Home

A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #49
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

Sunday April,19,2009

Phillies Roll On With 6th Straight Win

Lidge Enroute To 4th Save
Citizens Bank Park,Phila,Pa.-Following a huge first inning in which the Phillies got two run homers from the bats of Jayson Werth and Raul Ibanez,the Phillies offense was ground to a halt,as they were held to just two singles the rest of the way,but starting pitcher Joe Blanton(2-0) as well as the Phils stellar relief corps made it hold up as the collectively held the Padres to just 4 hits and 2 runs in the Phillies 4-2 victory.The win was the Phils sixth straight,and it put them in a tie for first with the Florida Marlins with identical 8-4 records.

Sheffield Gets 500th In 9-2 Mets Win

Shef Salutes Crowd Following Historic Blast
Citi Field,Queens,NY-History was made last night in Citi Field when the Mets Gary Sheffield homered off of Brewers starting pitcher Jeff Suppan in the top of the first inning.Sheffield is the 25th player in the history of Major League Baseball to reach the 500 homer plateau.The Mets went on to win the game 9-2.

BoSox Lose Buchholz For Season

Clay Buchholz

Fenway Park,Boston Ma.-Following today's 7-5 extra inning victory over the pesky Orioles,the Red Sox got the bad news.Starting pitcher Clay Buchholz who was injured early in the game against the Orioles is done for the season.Buchholz has been diagnosed with a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament,he'll be out for up to 8 months.

Today's MLB Scoreboard

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AL.jpg (113.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg NL.jpg (126.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #50
All Star

orion523's Arena

MLB Players Of The Week For Week Ending April 19,2009

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALPOW.jpg (21.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg NLPOW.jpg (21.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #51
All Star

orion523's Arena

MLB Standings As Of April 19,2009

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALstandings.jpg (114.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg NLstandings.jpg (130.3 KB, 40 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great dynasty. I am an avid OOTP player as well. I will for sure keep reading this.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Hey guys,just a quick question to those of you who are following,from the 1940's up until 1992,the top 10 home run hitters in the league averaged between 30 and 32 home runs,but starting in 1993,those numbers suddenly "shot up" if you know what I mean.Finally though,last year HR numbers dropped for the first time in a long time and personally,I think they'll continue to drop to near 1992 levels.Thats where my question comes in,what kind of baseball do you want to see,the kind that was played through most of history,or the kind that we have now,with all of the huge numbers.I ask this because,its actually quite easy to change the statistical output of the game,I just have to adjust a few statistical modifiers to get it done.
I guess I would keep the trend continuing, but maybe not as low as what it used to be. I know they went down and should continue like you said, but I do not see them dropping as far as they used to be pre-90's. I would say the top dogs can still hit 40-45 a year in the future, but there will be less of them with the occasional guy to flirt and maybe break 50. There is gonna be guys that have an absolutely stunning season once in a while. Either way I don't mind. Pitching matchups are good reads too
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you have AIM or MSN. I will be on in a little bit. Just let me know.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #55
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
I guess I would keep the trend continuing, but maybe not as low as what it used to be. I know they went down and should continue like you said, but I do not see them dropping as far as they used to be pre-90's. I would say the top dogs can still hit 40-45 a year in the future, but there will be less of them with the occasional guy to flirt and maybe break 50. There is gonna be guys that have an absolutely stunning season once in a while. Either way I don't mind. Pitching matchups are good reads too
I'm exactly where you are on this,I want a 50 homer season to be special,but a 60 homer season still possible,I also would like overall league wide ERA's closer to the high 3's low 4's rather than the high 4's.What I'm going to do is take the MLB stats from 90-92 and average them together to get a base and then use those numbers,during those years,Cecil Fielder had 51 but the league leader was usually around 40-45,league ERa's went from 3.50-4.09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #56
All Star

orion523's Arena

Monday April 20,2009

Phils Turn On Power,Pound Padres 11-3

Howard Launches 1 Of 5 Phillie Homers
Citizens Bank Park,Phila,Pa.-In what can only be described as a vulgar display of power,the Philadelphia Phillies launched 5 home runs today,on their way to an 11-3 pounding of the San Diego Padres,which completes the Phillies 4 game sweep.First baseman Ryan Howard led the way,going 3 for 4 with a home run and 3 RBI,the Phils also got homers from Jimmy Rollins,Jayson Werth,Raul Ibanez and Pedro Feliz.On the mound,wily veteran Jamie Moyer(1-0) was just as Phenomenal,going the distance while allowing 9 hits and 3 earned runs for his first win of the season.

Athletics Score 3 In 9th To Stun Yankees

Davis Connects On GW Hit
Yankee Stadium,Bronx,NY-Trailing 5-3 in the top of the 9th with Mariano Rivera on the mound,it looked like curtains for the Oakland Athletics,but two straight singles followed by a Jorge Posada run scoring error and then a two run Rajai Davis single gave the A's an inprobable 6-5 win in the Bronx.Rivera's blown save wasted a fine performance by CC Sabathia who went 8 full while allowing 6 hits and 3 earned runs with 10 strikeouts.

Today's MLB Scoreboard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scoresboth.jpg (120.7 KB, 35 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »