Home

BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

This is a discussion on BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you follow this dynasty?
Yes 14 33.33%
No 6 14.29%
Only if it is updated... 13 30.95%
No because its the Cubs... 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Everything looks great. The detail you put into this is amazing. I love the pregame write ups and game recaps with the qoutes. Good stuff. I know this is your dynasty and all, but you got Uggla and gave up nothing. Why would the Marlins make that deal?

The only other thing that stuck out to me, is the lack of walks your pitchers surrender. Out of all the recaps I think I saw 1 BB allowed. If you're looking for realism (sim) then it appears something needs tweaked there.

Good work and it sounds like you're having fun.
I will agree with the walks part, but the CPU is too swing happy and I find them chasing alot pitches. And even though I don't surrender alot of walks the game still puts me in tough situations. So I dont know what is the deal with that.

As far as the deal goes. I did give up alot even though it doesn't look like it. The two prospects I gave up were my two top prospects both MLB ready. The pitcher I gave up was 19 and could have been in my bullpen but I didn't think he was ready and the OF was already rated higher than Fukudome and he was only 20. So in reality I did give up alot. And to tell you the truth I don't know why they took, I was just messing around trying to find a deal that worked and they ended up taking that one.

But I hope you keep following. I'm having alot of fun doing it and love when people come and give feedback.

Last edited by BryantLee; 04-21-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effington
Looks like you put a lot of effort into this, I love it.
I love the Cubs, so it's only right.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #59
Banned

SUPPLYING THE 'PAUIR'
Micah Hoffpauir leads the charge for the Cubs bench

In 2008 at Triple-A Iowa, Hoffpauir hit 25 HR and drove in 100 RBI in 71 games.

ST. LOUIS, MO - On a team that through 40 games, has been struggling on the offense, Triple-A star and now leading bench man Micah Hoffpauir looks to change that when he gets his first chance to start for the Cubs in place of Milton Bradley.
Micah was a late season addition in the 2008 season but looks to have a bigger impact in 2009 where he replaces the Cubs former left handed pinch hitter extraordinaire Daryle Ward. The career pinch hitter and back up first baseman was a crucial part in the Cubs success off the bench and Hoffpauir looks to pick up where Ward left off. "At the end of the season when I got called up, me and Daryle (Ward) spent alot of time together and gave me alot of tips on how he prepares for games and what he does to have success at the plate. I'm just hoping that I can build upon my season in Triple-A last year and apply what Daryle (Ward) taught me to play to my fullest potential."
The Cubs are in desperate need of the extra pop off the bench. Their leading hitter is Reed Johnson who is hitting .177 so Hoffpauir's pop will be a much needed addition. But Hoffpauir says that he doesn't always want to be a bench player. "Obviously I would love to play everyday and I feel I have the skills to do it. But right now I have to prove what I can do and do whatever is asked of me and hopefully that will lead me into the everyday lineup."
Skipper Lou Piniella acknowledges Hoffpauir's skills and says he has the potential to be an everyday starter. "He is a great player no doubt about it and the kid can hit. It unfortunate that in the main two positions he plays we have All-Stars there but we are gonna find ways to get him in the game and utilize his hitting."
Hoffpauir gets his first chance to show the Cubs what he can do in the rubber match against the Cardinals tonight. Game time is at 8:05 PM ET.

STARTING LINEUPS:

CHICAGO:

1. LF - A. Soriano
2. CF - K. Fukudome
3. 2B - D. Uggla
4. 3B - A. Ramirez
5. RF - M. Hoffpauir
6. 1B - D. Lee
7. C - G. Soto
8. SS - R. Theriot
9. P - R. Dempster

ST. LOUIS:
1. RF - S. Schumaker
2. 2B - A. Kennedy
3. 1B - A. Pujols
4. LF - R. Ludwick
5. CF - R. Ankeil
6. 3B - T. Glaus
7. SS - K. Greene
8. C - J. LaRue
9. P - K. Lohse

Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow, excellent dynasty thread... kinda makes me want to start my Yanks franchise over so I can write about it. Great Job.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 33

Are you still doing this, this was so awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #62
Banned

I want to apologize to everyone who was getting in to following this dynasty for quitting posting. It has been a rough past couple months that saw my best friend pass away so I felt that I needed to take some time away from everything to clear my head and think about things and get my life back together and find out what was really important me. But im happy to say that things are finally looking up again and Im officially back to the forums. Unfortunately this specific dynasty will not continue BUT I will be starting a new one with the same presentation soon. If anyone has any suggestions for teams I will be glad to hear from you. And I hope that I can regain the followers that I once had with the new dynasty on the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »