Home

The Career of Bryan Hurst (MLB 09)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Hurst (MLB 09) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #401
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: The Career of Bryan Hurst (MLB 09)

came on strong once you were traded carry that momentum into season 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #402
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATJ717
came on strong once you were traded carry that momentum into season 2
I'll try!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #403
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #404
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #405
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20

No wonder why you had trouble in the field at times. Your arm strength and fielding ability both went down from the end of July to the end of the season. Other than that, you are improving pretty well and I expect an improvement in your play this coming season. Keep up the good work and it might not be too long before you get the call up to triple-A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #406
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Sept. 15, 2009

Mom, I think I’ve made a terrible mistake. I think I might be going insane.

You know how you told me never to eat treats before bedtime because I could get nightmares? Well, I kind of broke that rule and I ended up having a conversation with Puss in Boots about my future. Yeah, Puss in Boots from Shrek the movie.

I better explain from the beginning.

Things got more than a little weird here at the end of season team party last night in Erie at the house I rent with five other players.

Some of my teammates we’re saying it’s great the season is over because they don’t test minor leaguers in the off-season.

“What test?” I asked “I don’t remember any test? Is there a math test, I’m pretty good with fractions.”

Juan Olmedo, our catcher, laughed for some reason. “Good one, Bryan. Math tests. That’s hillarious.”

“I don’t understand,” I said.

Olmedo shook his head, almost like he was disappointed in me.

“Bryan to celebrate the end of the season and the fact our testing is over, I’ve made a special dessert for the entire team,” Olmedo said. He turned around and showed me a pan of chocolate brownies.

“Oh, I love brownies,” I said. “But I shouldn’t eat any because it’s 10 pm and my mom always said I shouldn’t eat before bedtime!”

Mom, I swear that’s what I said. But Olmedo said he would be really disappointed in me if I didn’t eat the dessert he spent hours making. He said it wasn’t cheap to make, either.

So to make a long story short I ate a lot of brownies over the next two-to-three hours.

We must have had like 100 people in the house talking, drinking and listening to loud music. Don't worry mom I didn't drink. But I couldn’t stop eating those brownies. They were delicious. The house smelled pungent and I decided to go back to my bedroom because it was overwhelming.

I’ve been thinking a lot about my future. I’m kind of worried. I don’t know if the team is going to want me back for next year. I made a lot of baserunning errors and I don’t hit many extra base hits. I don't really fit in with my the personality of my other teammates. I haven't made too many friends.

I was kind of feeling depressed when I sat down on my bed. My head was kind of spinning. Or maybe my head was still and the room was spinning. The whole episode seems so foggy now.

“What am I going to do now” I said silently. I said it so quiet I didn’t think anyone could hear.

“What are you going to do now? What am I going to do if I can’t get my own movie deal. Do you think I want to be a sidekick my whole life?”

I raised my head and looked at Puss in Boots, the action figure you gave me for my birthday, that stands on my night stand. Man, I love that doll, er, I mean action figure. It’s so cute.

“That’s right I’m talking to you,” it said.

I wanted to scream in horror but I was frozen, words wouldn’t come out of my mouth.

“Don’t look so surprised,” Puss in Boots said.

I was hyperventing at the sight of the lips moving on this figure. Action figures can't talk.

“Stop breathing so hard," said Puss in Boots. "You sound like Shrek on his wedding night with Fiona.”

“You can’t talk you’re a doll,” I yelled at Puss in Boots. I could barely get the words out of my mouth.

“Didn’t your mother tell you not to eat before bedtime. Strange things will happen when you eat nine of those brownies” Puss in Boots said.

“How did you know that,” I said in terror. This talking doll was now a mind reader.

“Not only am I am a mind-reader. I can see the future,” said Puss in Boots.

At that moment I realized I was insane.

“You asked about your future. I can tell you what your immediate future holds,” said Puss in Boots.

“But you’re just a cartoon character,” I said.

“Yeah, well you’re just an imaginary character in a baseball video game. Get over yourself,” said Puss in Boots.

A video game? What was Puss in Boots talking about?

“Good news, you’re going to be playing baseball again next year and better baseball. You’re moving from MLB 09 to MLB 10,” said Puss in Boots.

“What are you talking about,” I asked.

“They are going to be creating a player using your name, your height, your weight, make you a year older from 18 to 19, and stick you right back on Erie at the start of the 2010 season. Even your face will look the same. Here take a look” said Puss in Boots

Puss in Boots pulled out a picture from under his hat and showed it to me. It did look like me.

“My face doesn’t seem as fat,” I said.

“Holy cow. They couldn’t make it perfect. You should be less fussy with how a person’s face looks like. Be more like Tiger,” Puss in Boots got angry.

“Who is they? Who is making me? There is only one Bryan Hurst in this world. How can you make me with the same characteristics?” Now I was getting angry.

“Oh, I almost forgot. They downloaded some points and you will have almost the same attributes at the start of 2010 season that you ended the 2009 season with,” said Puss in Boots, smiling. He was obviously proud of himself but I had no idea why.

“I don’t understand a thing you’ve said.” I was tired.

“It really doesn’t matter if you understand. I’m just here to tell you this is now a MLB 10 Road to the Show dynasty. The videos will now be on YouTube instead of Photobucket.”

I wanted to ask what Road? What Show? Photowhat? But I was so tired and groggy I fell asleep.

“Wow, nine brownies” I heard Puss in Boots say as I drifted off.

Mom, I think I’m going to come home right now for the winter. You better make me an appointment with our family doctor. I think I need to see him.

Last edited by bhurst99; 06-07-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #407
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

That was a beautiful and funny. LOL

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 05-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #408
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47