Home

Fear The Monster: A Boston Red Sox Franchise

This is a discussion on Fear The Monster: A Boston Red Sox Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

weaver21's Arena

OVR: 3
Fear The Monster: A Boston Red Sox Franchise

Team: Boston Red Sox
Difficulty: All-Star
Rosters: Updated as of Jun, 1, 2009.
Sliders: My Own Set

Dynasty Preview
Hello guys. I'm new to Operation Sports and I wanted to share my Red Sox franchise on here. I will update it every day with one game each day. I don't have the time to do 2 games because of my job but I'll try sometimes to get in 2 games. Most recaps of the games will be in-depth. I'm not starting at the beginning of the year because I'm at May 31 and I don't want to star all over again. Hopefully you'll enjoy my franchise and I hope to get some followers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: Fear The Monster: A Boston Red Sox Franchise

Even though I despise the Bo Sox (I'm sure you feel the same about the Yanks ), I'll be following.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

weaver21's Arena

Preview: Batting/Pitching Rotation

LINEUP
1. #46 CF Jacoby Ellsbuy (6-1 185)
Ellsbury is a excellent defender in the outfield. He is not the greastest at the plate but when he gets on, you know hes stealing.

2. #15 2B Dustin Pedroia (5-9 180)
Pedroia was the AL MVP last season and was the man at the plate. He is very excellent at second base and rarley makes an error.

3. #20 1B Kevin Youkilis (6-1 220)
Gotta fear Youkilis at the plate. He's got the power and the contact to hit .300 every single year in the future. Also an excellent defender at first base.

4. #34 DH David Ortiz (6-4 230)
BIG PAPI. Getting up there in age but can still hit for power and can get 30 HR's any season. Not a liability on the field because he is a designated hitter.

5. #44 LF Jason Bay (6-2 205)
Bay came to the Red Sox in mid-season last year, filling the roll of Manny Ramirez. He was very good for them and can also rack up the power numbers. Good outfielder but has to learn to field balls off the Green Monster.

6. #25 3B Mike Lowell (6-3 220)
The veteran of the Red Sox team. Good #5 or #6 man in the lineup. Has Gold Gloves at third base with Florida and Boston. If the ball is hit hard, Lowell is getting it.

7. #7 RF J.D. Drew (6-1 200)
Drew had a very solid offensive year last year, making key hits all last year and postseason. Plays the outfield good and makes plays.

8. #33 C Jason Varitek (6-2 230)
Varitek struggled last season but he is still the Captain of this team. If he can get his hitting on track, he will be a key to the offense.

9. #23 SS Julio Lugo (6-1 175)
Lugo is not known for his batting skills but is known for his defense. Just because he's batting 9th does not mean he is not important to the offense.

BENCH
#55 Jeff Bailey
#22 Nick Green
#5 Rocco Baldelli
#16 George Kottaras

Pitching Rotation
1. #19 RHP Josh Beckett (6-5 220)
Beckett is the ace of the staff. Beckett has a crap load of junk he can throw. He's got an over-powering fastball and then can throw you a 71 mph curveball. Watch out for Beckett.

2. #18 RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (6-0 185)
The Japanese import Matsuzaka is a big key function to starting rotation. He's got good stuff and will keep you guessing all night long at the plate.

3. #31 LHP Jon Lester (6-2 190)
What a road Lester has had. Battling cancer and then throwing a no hitter no less than two years later. He has developed himself as a great future pitcher.

4. #36 RHP Brad Penny (6-4 230)
Acquired from the Dodgers, Penny is a good pick up for the Red Sox. It really kept Justin Masteron out of the rotation and Penny has more experience as well.

5. #49 RHP Tim Wakefield (6-2 210)
The veteran knuckleballer Wakefield has always been knwon for that knuckleball. One of the hardest pitches ever to be hit and Wakefield has mastered for a long time.

BULLPEN
#60 Daniel Bard
#17 Manny Delcarmen
#63 Justin Masterson
#37 Hideki Okajima
#56 Ramon Ramirez
#24 Takashi Soto

#58 Jonathan Papelbon
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

weaver21's Arena

SERIES PREVIEW

vs.

Pitching Matchups
Game 1
Josh Beckett (2-5, 4.34 ERA) vs. Jeremy Bonderman (2-1, 3.27 ERA)

Game 2
Daisuke Matsuzaka (1-4, 4.89 ERA) vs. Dontrelle Willis (5-3, 3.83 ERA)

Game 3
Jon Lester (7-1, 2.76 ERA) vs. Edwin Jackson (4-2, 3.75 ERA)

Other Team Notes
* John Smoltz came back after I updated the rosters for some reason and sent Tim Wakefield down to AAA. Sorry folks if I screwed that up. The rotation is the same except Wakefield isn't there and Smoltz is.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

You should start this off with some standings and stats...cause we are all in the dark as to whats going on...except for the fact the Daisuke M. is sucking hardcore...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »