Home

THE KID RETURNS HOME (MLB SHOW 09)

This is a discussion on THE KID RETURNS HOME (MLB SHOW 09) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
THE KID RETURNS HOME (MLB SHOW 09)

So I have tried to do a season with the Cincinnati Reds and failed due to me gettin upset over so many loses and making my favorite team look bad; so now I decided to do one more but with someone else. I wanted to be someone who never has won a world series so that left me with 8 possibilties. I knew right away I couldn't be HOU or MIL since they were in CIN division. I then crossed of TB and COL since they were jus in the world series last year and year before that. I noticed people who have already started TX and WASH so they went out the window; despite Hamilton an Kearns being my favorite ex Reds. It was down to SD and SEA & I picked the Marniers to attempt to get the Kid a title that he should of won here in Cincy anyways. I hope you follow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: THE KID RETURNS HOME (MLB SHOW 09)

I'll be here. Good luck and play ball!!!

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

CREDE DEBUT ENDS WITH A TWINS BLAST
MINNESOTA- Despite a quality start from King Felix (7 IP 6 H 2 R 2 BB 7 K) the Seattle Mariners lose 3-2 vs the Twins on opening day. Seattle scored first in the fifth after Betancourt lined a single to right scoring Branyon. The Twins quickly answered scoring two runs off a Span triple and Casilla sac fly in the bottom of the inning. Seattle came back to tie the game up in the top of the seventh after a two out double from Clement. The Mariners then brought in Rowland-Smith to face the heart of Minnesota line up and the heart came threw as Joe Crede hit a solo shot in the eigth. Nathan then came in and closed the game in the ninth picking up the save. Seattle had plenty of missed oppurtunitys grounding into two double plays to end the inning with a man on third and leaving 6 men in scoring position.
W: Craig Breslow 1-0 0.00 ERA 3 K
L: Ryan Rowland-Smith 0-1 9.00 ERA 1 K
S: Joe Nathan 1 S 0.00 ERA 1 K

SEATTLE AVOIDS DEJVU AND RALLYS FOR FIRST W
MINNESOTA-- It looked like it was going to be the same story from game one with Seattle wasting another quality start from there starter (Bedard 7 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 8 K--0 runs after third inning), Joe Crede homers to take the lead, and Joe Nathan picks up the save for a 3-2 Twins victory. This time though the quote stood true and looks were deceiving as Seattle rallyed in the ninth with 3 runs off 5 hits to pick up the 5-3 victory. Ichiro and Sweeny led the way combinding for 6 of Seattles 12 hits, scoring 3 runs, and knocking in 2.
W: Chris Jakubauskas 1-0 0.00 ERA 1 K
L: Joe Nathan 0-1 13.50 ERA 2 K
S: Brandon Morrow 1 S 0.00 ERA

TWINS DESTROY MARINERS
MINNESOTA-- The Twins wasted no time jumping on the Mariners scoring 3 in the first and ended up totaling up 7 more winning 10-3. Carlos Silva was touched up for 6 runs in only 4.2 innings while his counter part Nate Blackburn went 6 innings allowing 3 runs. No pitcher for the Mariners could find an answer for Justin Morneau who went 5-5 (1 HR & 2 2B) with 4 runs and 3 RBI. The only upside for Seattle was Jeff Clement kept up his hot hitting and improved his batting average to .500 going 3-4 with 2 runs; while Chris Jakubauskas came in and threw 2.1 innings of shut out ball. The series will end Thursday at 1:00 when Jarrod Washburn takes on Glen Perkins.
W: Nick Blackburn 1-0 4.50 ERA 2 K
L: Carlos Silva 0-1 11.57 ERA 3 K
S: Matt Guerrier 1 S 0.00 ERA 0 K

MARINERS GET ROCKED AGAIN
MINNESOTA- It seemed like it was the rerun as the Twins scored 3 in the first, knocked the Mariners starter out before the 5 inning (Washburn 4.2 IP 12 H 9 R 3 BB 1 K), pitchers couldnt figure Morneau out (4-5 (HR & 2B) 2 R 3 RBI) and won the game 10-3. Seattle is now heads to Oakland with no off day for a 3 game series with Miguel Batista facing Brett Anderson, Felix Hernandez (0-0 2.57 ERA) taking on Dana Eveland (0-1 5.40 ERA), and Erik Bedard (0-0 3.86 ERA) going up against Dallas Barden (0-0 10.80 ERA).
W: Glen Perkins 1-0 4.50 ERA 4 K
L: Jarrod Washburn 0-1 17.36 ERA 1 K
S: Jesse Crain 1 S 2.25 ERA 2 K

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 06-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 06-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »