Home

One Last Try With Reds (MLB THE SHOW 09)

This is a discussion on One Last Try With Reds (MLB THE SHOW 09) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The 90's Reds... Wait I mean 09' Nats (MLB THE SHOW 09)

I feel bad for wasting space on the site and have tried to delete the past two threads but i can not figure out how; so yeah anyways... I am going to give it one last go doing a franchise with the Washington Nationals. They have a lot of former Reds who I grew up liking and well obviously are the worst team in baseball. I know there many franchises with thme but I just figured it'd be fun being this team.

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 07-05-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: One Last Try With Reds (MLB THE SHOW 09)

Nationals Waste No Time Hiring New GM
WASHINGTON DC-- After the resignation of Jim Bowden last week the Washington Nationals wasted no time hiring Josh Northcutt as there new General Manager. Josh Northcutt will become the youngest GM in baseball history and will defently have no easy task taking over the worst team in baseball. Since the move from Montreal to Washington and the hiring of Jim Bowden the Nationals best season was 81-81 in 05' and since that year they were 204-292. No interview will be held and no comments were made by owner Ted Lerner accept for naming Josh Northcutt as GM. Josh was reached for comment and the only thing he stated was, "Jim Bowden had alot of these players in my hometown of Cincinnati. It did not work there I don't know why he tried to make it work here. All I can say is no one is untouchable unless your last name has Zimmer in it."
Old 07-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Final Roster Spots Finalized
WASHINGTON DC-- Spring is over and the season is only a few days away. There was alot of competion on the front for the Nationals but there roster was finalized today. GM Northcutt and head coach Manny Acta decided to go with youth over experinece this year. Manny of the veterans added to the team over past few seasons are in the minors and others will be on the bench. Below is the roster of predicting opening day starters for all three levels.
NATIONALSCHIEFSSENATORS
SP- Scott Olsen LSP- Collin Balester RSP- Jack McGeary L
SP- John Lannan LSP- Shairon Martis RSP- Josh Smoker L
SP- Jordan Zimmerman RSP- Michael O'Connor LSP- Colton Willems R
SP- Daniel Cabrera RSP- Luis Atilano RSP- Graham Hicks L
SP- Tyler Clippard RSP- Ross Detwiler LSP- Will Atwood R
LR- Matt Chico LLR- Craig Stammen RLR- Zack Segovia R
LR- Wilfredo Ledezma LLR- Jason Bergmann RLR- Jorge Sosa R
MR- Julian Taverez RMR- Jesus Colome RMR- Matt Avery R
MR- Sal Rivera RMR- Steven Shell RMR- Terrell Young R
MR- Garret Mock RMR- Justin Jones LMR- Jack Spradlin L
SU- Joe Beimel LSU- Mike Hinckley LSU- Marco Estrada R
CP- Joel Hanrahan RCP- Gary Glover RCP- Adam Carr R
C- Jesus Flores RC- Luke Montz RC- Derek Norris R
C- Josh Bard SC- Wil Nieves RC- Javi Herrera R
1B- Adam Dunn L1B- Bill Rhinehart L1B- Chris Marrero R
2B- Ronnie Belliard R2B- Anderson Hernandez S2B- Esmailyn Gonzalez R
3B- Ryan Zimmerman R3B- Jose Castillo R3B- Joel Guzman R
SS- Christian Guzman SSS- Pete Orr LSS- Alberto Gonzalez R
CIF- Nick Johnson LCIF- Brad Eldred RCIF- Kory Casto L
MIF- Ian Desmond RMIF- Alex Cintron SMIF- Michael Martinez S
LF- Josh Willingham RLF- Ryan Langerhans LMIF- Freddie Bynum L
CF- Lasting Milledge RCF- Justin Maxwell SLF- Leonard Davis L
RF- Elijah Dukes RRF- Dmitri Young SCF- Mike Daniel L
OF- Austin Kearns ROF- Roger Bernadina LRF- Destin Hood R
OF- Willie Harris LOF- Cory Patterson LOF- Jorge Padilla R
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
Rookie

@

JoJo Dominates, Marlins Win Opener

GAME 1-- Well the Josh Northcutt era openend no different than any other in Washington history, with a disappointing lost. Florida Marlins jumed out early putting 3 runs on the board in the fourth with back to back to back to back to back hits including a 2 run homer by Cody Ross. That was all the Marlins ace Josh Johnson needed completly dominating the Nationals lineup allowing only 1 run on 4 hits in 8.1 innings while striking out 7. Johnson's counter part John Lannan only went 5.1 giving up 9 hits and 4 runs. Lasting Milledge seemed to be the only one able to hit the ball going 2-4 with a run.

W: Josh Johnson 1-0 L: John Lannan 0-1 S: Matt Lindstorm 1

Cabrera Picks Up W In First Nats Start
GAME 2-- Daniel Cabrera showed why the Nationals traded for him this off season completly confusing Marlins hitters and battling back despite tough situations early. Cabrera got off to a shaky start allowing 3 hits an a run in the second but settled down and ended up going 7 innings. He only allowed 6 hits and a run while striking out 5. 3 of the 6 Marlins hits though were by second base all star Dan Uggla. The Nationals jumped out early with a 1-0 in the first on Floridas starter Ryan Nolasco, who was pulled after 2.1 with arm problems. Hayden Penn came in in relief and pitched good till the 5th allowing 2 runs to score. Nationals never looked back adding another in the 9th to pick up the 4-1 victory.
W: Daniel Cabrera 1-0 L: Hayden Penn 0-1 S: Joel Hanrahan 1

Marlins Rally In 9th to Win Ruber Game
GAME 3-- Despite 7 innings of 3 hit two run baseball by Nationals rookie Jordan Zimmerman (2 runs and 2 hits were in 2nd inning), who was a game time starting announcement by coach Manny Acta over Scott Olsen because of Florida weaknes versus right handed hard throwers, Nationals Joel Hanrahan blows save oppurtunity allowing 2 runs in the ninth. The game winning hit came off the bat of 21 year old phenom Cameron Maybin after the prior batter grounded to Ryan Zimmerman who failed to turn a double play fast enough to end the game. The Nationals 3-4-5 hittiers of Ryan Z, Adam D, and Elijah D/Austin K were a combinded 3-29 in the series. Washington now will have an off day before finishing off there road trip in ATL this weekend in a three game series.
W: Leo Nunez 1-0 L: Joel Hanrahan 0-1 S: N/A

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »