Home

Fields of Dreams: A Season with Classic Teams

This is a discussion on Fields of Dreams: A Season with Classic Teams within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Fields of Dreams: A Season with Classic Teams

Excellent.....

Now I've got two new dynasties to follow.
I love the reads I get in these.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Week 2 - Game of the Week
1985 Cardinals at 1989 Cubs

Another thrilling chapter was written this week in the bitter rivalry between the Cardinals and Cubs.

Tom Herr's second-inning error allowed the first run to score, and pitcher Paul Kilgus helped his own cause by singling in a run in the 4th to give the Cubs a 2-0 lead. The Cardinals responded in the 5th with a Jack Clark double that narrowed the gap to 2-1 (see video). Terry Pendleton followed that up by singling home a run in the 6th, tying the game at 2-2. The bullpens for both teams held tight until the bottom of the 9th, when Shawon Dunston blasted a belt-high fastball into the left field bleachers, clinching the 4-2 victory for the Cubs (see video). Calvin Shiraldi picked up the win for his inning of scoreless relief, and Jeff Lahti was tagged with the loss. The win keeps the Cubs at the top of the N.L. Central with a 7-3 record, while the Cardinals sit in the basement at 3-8.

Cubs celebrate Dunston's walkoff home run.

Dunston named Player of the Game.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Week 2 - Recap

After two weeks of play there's no doubt the team to beat in the National League is the 1963 Dodgers. Their 10-1 record is the best in the majors, and they have been fueled by superb pitching, which has allowed a paltry 24 runs, third best in the majors. One surprise so far has been in the 1997 Marlins, who lead the N.L. East by two games. The 1980 Phillies have disappointed many, and their 62 runs allowed are the most in all of baseball.

Leading the American League is the 1984 Tigers, who lead the Central by a game over the 1995 Indians. The race for first in the East is tight, as the 1961 Yankees hold a small lead over the 1975 Red Sox. The 1989 Athletics lead the West despite being outscored 42-40 for the season.

Highlights of the week include Mickey Mantle of the Yankees hitting .385 with 19 RBI....Don Baylor batting .395 while leading the league in home runs with 7....Mike Kingery of the 1995 Rockies leading the National Leage with a .432 average....Mark Gubicza of the 1985 Royals throwing a one-hit shutout against the Indians....Mike Bielecki of the 1989 Cubs allowing just three hits in a 3-0 win over the Rockies....and Sandy Koufax leading the majors in strikeouts with 32.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

Very nice season. I have just started the same thing with the roster file playing mostly as the 61 yankees and Seattle teams. I found that I had to edit Griffey and Johnson a bit as they have attributes that go with their present advanced age.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lek
Very nice season. I have just started the same thing with the roster file playing mostly as the 61 yankees and Seattle teams. I found that I had to edit Griffey and Johnson a bit as they have attributes that go with their present advanced age.
You did?
I edited them for that season.
Heck...Johnson usually winds up with the Cy Young in both leagues!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually just found out that I had been editing pitchers incorrectly. I thought that moving hits per 9 down and HR per 9 down would produce less HR/hits. I was advised that I have to move those options up for less hits HRs. So I was actually making the pitchers perform worse.

The rosters are great by the way. Love playing with Mantle. I think my favorite teams to play are probably the 86 Mets, Seattle of course 61 Yankees and the Cardinals team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »