Home

"Summer in the 'Citi'" - a NY Mets MLB2k10 Franchise

This is a discussion on "Summer in the 'Citi'" - a NY Mets MLB2k10 Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #57
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: "Summer in the 'Citi'" - a NY Mets MLB2k10 Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechfan44
Wow Beltran is looking amazing since coming back from the DL.
He's literally hit and miss. He's either getting a big knock or striking out. I guess I don't know whether I want to use him as a power guy or a contact guy. Probably depends if he's in the 2- or 3-hole. I even tried him in leadoff with Jose out a game.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #58
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

As Rod Barajas rounds 3rd, base coach Howard Johnson celebrates Barajas' long homerun

METS ROUT GIANTS
CINCINNATI
- Two new Mets had their coming out parties on Friday.

Andy Sonnanstine pitched his second career shutout and Rod Barajas finished just a double shy of the cycle as the Mets pounded the Giants 10-0.

Sonnanstine held the Giants' offense in check the whole night, stiking out 7 and scattering 11 hits. The Mets turned 3 double plays behind the 4th year starter who was acquired in a trade with Tampa Bay this offseason.

Barajas, who had been struggling mightily heading into the weekend series with San Francisco, broke out with a bang. In his first at-bat, he bombed a 452-foot homerun to straight away center off starter Jonathan Sanchez. In the fifth, he led off the inning with a gapper to right-center that rolled to the wall and allowed the catcher to lug his way to third for his second career triple and his first since 2004. Barajas added a single in the 6th but was unable to complete his cycle, grounding out in the eighth.

"I knew the way it rolled I had a chance at third," Barjas joked of his triple after the game. "I was looking to the bench for the Oxygen when I stood up."

Jose Reyes added 3 hits and 3 RBI on the strength of a long opposite field homer in the 6th. Jason Bay added a homerun of his own.

Pablo Sandoval and Freddy Sanchez had 2 hits apiece for the Giants. Tomorrow's matchup will pit Barry Zito against the Mets' Micah Owings.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #59
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

Simmed games from the series:

Season Game 30: 10-4 Win vs Giants- Jeff Francoeur hit two home runs and had 3 hits as the Mets put up 15 hits. The Giants weren't an offensive slouch, tallying 14 hits, including 4 by Ceasr Tobias. Owings allowed just 1 run in 5.1 innings WP: Owings (2-2) LP: Zito (0-4)

Season Game 31: 10-2 Loss vs Giants - After the Mets put up 10 runs in each of the series' first two games, th Giants decided to follow suit. Francoeur once again starrd for the Mets with 3 hits, but it was Johan Santana's struggles (6 ER, 9 H 2 HR in 4.2 IP) that were the story. Buster Posey had 2 home runs and 6 RBI. WP: Bumgarner (1-4) LP: Santana (1-4)

Mets Notes:
- Francisco Rodriguez was named NL Pitcher of the week for May 2-8. K-Rod has converted each of his 6 save opportunities and has a 1.29 ERA.
- After a cold start, Jose Reyes (9 for his last 19) is getting hot. Jason Bay (7 for last 15, 2 HR), Jeff Francoeur (6 for his last 13, 2 HR) and Rod Barajas (6 for his last 11, 2 HR) are also warming.
- Despite a quick start off the DL, Carlos Beltran is now 4 for his last 30; 3 of those hits being HRs.
- Mike Jacobs seems to have earned his spot back on the bench. Jacobs is now 1 for his last 19 and is batting .161 on the season.
- While Jacobs is struggling, Buffalo's Ike Davis is hitting .291 with 5 HR in 96 ABs.
- At A St. Lucie, 1B James Halter is tearing up the league, batting .330 with 7 HR and 25 RBI.
- For the first time all year, the Mets moved into the top 10 in the league Power Rakings (#10). The dodgers (21-9) are #1.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #60
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6

Bring up Ike
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Really cool franchise report, how are the guys you traded to the Rays going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 AM   #62
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechfan44
Bring up Ike
I came so close to doing it last night. I'm thinking of putting Murphy up for a trade and seeing what I can get. Or maybe saving Murphy for 2B if/when Castillo starts to suck and bringing up Davis and maybe releasing Cora. Lots of options, thankfully. Davis is a 70 ovr and Jacobs is a 73 with more power, so we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustSaint
Really cool franchise report, how are the guys you traded to the Rays going?
Thanks! You know, I was going to check on them yesterday but forgot. I'll check tonight when I get home from work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »