Home

A Capitol Charge l A Washington Nationals Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Capitol Charge l A Washington Nationals Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: A Capitol Charge l A Washington Nationals Dynasty

Nationals Acquire Veteran 3B/1B Mike Lowell from Red Sox

The Washington Nationals acquire IF Mike Lowell from the Red Sox in a move that didn't surprise anyone but it suprised many who acquired him. Nationals are not a team considered to be "buyers" but this was a key acquistion to bolster the Nats lineup. Jim Riggleman stated when they introduced Mike Lowell to the D.C. media that he will be playing 1B the majority of the time and shifting Adam Dunn to LF and Willingham to RF. He will also spell Ryan Zimmerman when he needs a day off as he is still very capable of playing above-average 3B. GM Mike Capitali stated, "I believe this way increase our offensive capalbities immensely. Lowell is a proven player that has won two World Series championships and WS MVP. He will add leadership along with the stready glove and bat. We would just like to welcome Mike Lowell to the National family." Mike Lowell state at his press conference, "First of all I'd like to thank the Red Sox organization for all they have done for me and to honor my request to be traded. I just needed to move on from Boston, but thank you to the organization and their fans. I am extremely excited to b a National, and looking forward to helping this team win and make the playoffs not in five or ten years, but now, I believe this team as constructed can play with anyone in baseball. And I look forward to my first game in Washington, Thank You."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »